Wednesday, March 17, 2010

To the Moon...


This past weekend, I loaded up the car and drove to Houston to attend Tate Henry's 5th Birthday. He's my best friend's little boy and I adore him. He's James' best friend and we couldn't imagine not being there to help him celebrate.

Tate's dearest obsession is Star Wars. Needless to say, we celebrated his birthday at Space Center Houston. James thought the whole place was magical... and I'd have to agree with him. It was. We left theDuckling with the grandparents- which means I got to be completely hands.on with the Big Boys.

But let's back.track. Stop One: Granna's for cupcakes and presents!



Then to space!


James Neal checking out the current astronaut roster... so attentive!

The Great Slide was prolly my favorite part. It's about 3 stories high or so... and we all went down together in one big smushed pile. You really forget how much fun it is to be a kid... :)





Oh my goodness! What a trip! We treated the boys to matching astronaut suits and helmets on our way out. Aren't they just the sweetest things? *Thanks Moon for inviting us to take part in things... I can't tell you what it means to me to have yall sharing this life with us. :)

I'm so glad to be a mom. Becoming a parent is such a dramatic transformation... but I've never been happier in my whole life. And I believe it all stems from Love. More love than you could ever imagine... it's heavenly. :)

Peace, love, and mission.control.
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

GreenErica said...

Oh, come home for goodness sake! I love y'all!!!!

Carley said...

No Erica - she IS home. I'm keeping her here :) But seriously can the pictures of James and Tate be any cuter??? 2 peas in a pod - adorable!

GreenErica said...

Hahaha! I knew SOMEONE would say that! And yes, they are two peas! ♥

Jenny said...

thank you so much for your kind words!! such a small world though bc i've been admiring your photography site for some time now ever since i saw the pics you did for alan and rebecca. you are sooooo talented!