Tuesday, March 16, 2010

theDuckling at 10 Months


These milestones are coming too quickly for me! James' first year flew by, sure- but Jackson's seems to have gone by in the blink.of.an.eye. I know that's what everyone says...

He's still our beautiful.thing... our tiny boy.joy.

I took him to his well visit at the doctor's the other day, and she measured his development. He's in the 99th percentile for height and the 97th for weight. After her assessment, she told me that his development was that of a 15 Month Old's. Which all boils down to one thing for me: he's growing just as he should be! All mother's worry to some extent, right? :)


He's got quite the personality, our littleDuck. He can say Momma, Daddy, and Uh-Oh. He can sign for 'more,' 'milk,' and 'all done.' It's so sweet to have him talk and sign... Needless to say, he's a great eater. Since I've made his bebe.food up to this point, he's already on table foods. He can tolerate the texture- so I can just mash things up with the back of my fork.

We are transitioning to a sippy cup- and he loves that! Jackson is just weeks away from walking. He insists on standing by himself- and can do it for about 5 seconds or so... now, if he can just get the feet going.

WHICH brings me to the next thing: His 'no' issues. :) He's a mover and a shaker! Which only means we have to reinforce boundaries all.day.long. BUT the good news is he is beginning to understand that 'No' means !NO!. :) I hope this trend sticks around... James has always been a good listener. I hope bebe.Bro follows suit!

Jax loves tub.time, swinging outside, his Blanket, and PandaBear. He can clap and play 'Pat.A.Cake.' He'll grab your hands and clap them together and say 'Pat Pat Pat' to get you to play... so cute. If you ask for a kiss, he'll bury his face in yours and make an long mmmmmmm sound with puckered lips. So that means we pretty much kiss all day--- and theHotness feels slighted. He loves snack time where he can pick up his own food... You Are My Sunshine is still his magic.song. His big.Bro is still his favorite part of the day- although he loves to tattle on Brother when he gets annoyed.

James Neal still dotes on his bebe. He's a gentle giant and knows accurately just what his brother needs at any given moment. It's so cute. If Jax cries when theHotness is changing his diaper- James has been known to leave whatever he's doing, run in the nursery and say- 'it's okay, Dad. I got this.' and then proceed to monkey.shine for his bebe. He knows Jax's schedule and can predict what he needs next. It's magical to watch them grow together...


I love theDuckling so much... he's pure joy... and the top of his head still smells like a warm slice of heaven. *sigh*

Peace, love, and bebe.bellies.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Such a special age!! It just gets better sister! I'm not ashamed to say that we decided to have another baby just for Elodie. And it's been magical ever since! I love to see how much Elodie adores Addysen and from day one, how Addysen just sees stars when she looks at her big sister! It's amazing!!!

And to add to your smells like heaven bit...when Addysen was fresh, Elodie came to the hospital and said to me softly "mom, she smells like heaven!" Melts my heart!