Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter.Lovin



And lovin' we did do.

We hosted family at our house this year... which means the food was plentiful and the photos were few. Bc who's gonna stir that custard on the stove AND take pics of Jax eating the Easter grass? Can't be in two places at one time... but I learned that lesson long ago.

James got some candy in his basket this year. BIG splurge for this momma. But what could one day of treats hurt? *Besides my sanity :)

It was a beautiful weekend filled with lots of reflection. My house was clean. I treated myself with fresh flowers from WholeFoods: long fresh stems of lilacs... bunches of tulips in my favorite colors... green hydrangeas... and as the Easter song goes 'an orchid for your momma'--- 'cept I got one orchid from each of my manlies. :) Long branches of white phals. *My favorite*



We hunted eggs and stayed uncomfortably stuffed from all the yummies for nearly three days. The boy were clean. Healthy. In matching outfits. Jackson declared Easter as his favorite holiday so far simply because the plastic eggs were the most amazing things he has ever laid eyes on. So much for his new Basil BlaBla... Hello, 97 cent target eggs.

God is good. My debt is paid. I'm redeemed. My family is well. My boys are brilliant. My husband still makes me weak.in.the.knees. Our little nest is warm and soft and dry. Our future is full of Hope and Promise. I can't imagine needing anything more.

I have tons of pics to share... I'm editing them now. I'll update with a picture post soonish.

Peace, love, and Blessed Assurance.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I heart matching outfits...and where in the heck did you find tulips in louisiana?!? I didn't think they could grow in La. climate!