Monday, April 5, 2010

mustard.seed. SPRING :)



Friday I had an invigorating photo shoot with a lovely mustard.seed momma and bebe.

The venue was spectacular and the subjects were oh.so.lovely.

It's always funny to work with families capturing pictures... you never know what you are going to have to work with. Luckily, I've never had a single family that hasn't made my job easy! BUT this little duo were exceptional. The momma is a teacher! And let.me.tell.you.one.thing--- teacher.moms are the best to work with.

For example, lots of parents have the urge to say: 'look here! Smile! Over here! Sit still! Turn around!' etc. AND that's sooooo normal and natural. But lots of times that backfires. The child gets aggravated and before you know it- they are so *over* having their picture taken. BUT from the first drop of my shutter, this momma knew how to do it! "Oh, what colors are those flowers? How many do you think there are? What do they smell like? etc" IT WAS HEAVEN! Bc that's exactly what helps me get great images... The shoot was fun! No fussing or begging... just plain go.with.it.fun.

I love it when that happens...

Here are some of the special sneak*peeks.







***Oh, I just love it! Every family that invest in me and my work blesses me in so many ways. They take part in making my dreams come true... fueling my professional creativity BUT also contributing to our bebe.girl adoption fund.

There are studios on every corner. They could go ANYWHERE to have their picture taken. But instead they give me a chance to create something special just for them. I'm different. I'm unconventional. I'm new. But they support me and encourage me and rally behind my efforts. I'll always appreciate my mustard.seed families and the difference they make in my life.

Thanks ladies for spending your Good Friday with me! Yall made my job easy. :)

Peace, love, and tulips.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Jill said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. You are a natural and it really shows in your work. xo