Thursday, April 1, 2010

The plan

Many of you have asked what I had up my sleeve for theDuckling's First Birthday...

I've struggled with the mere idea that he has a birthday coming up...

But he does.

He's almost a ONE year old.

Moon and I were talkin about it the other night...

So, here is the plan:

We will drape the clubhouse in spools and spools of tulle. Little fat.necked.cheribs will hover high near the corners of the ceiling playing little tiny violins. Rock candies will fill tall apothecary jars. The cake will be 14 layers high and be filled with raspberry creme. The chairs and tables will be dripping in white silk. And fresh sweetpeas will be bundled at each place setting. A happy little lady bug will be sitting on the dew.dropped leaves. There will be little Momma ducks waddling around with tiny ducklings following close behind. The children will chase happy bunnies through the grass. A harpist with long, white angel wings and a sparkly halo will be strumming a heavenly tune and Jackson will be sitting in the center of it all laughing and clapping and smiling and shining everyone dizzy. Then after we all sing happy birthday, we will all stand in a circle and release doves that have little tiny wishes on tiny rolled parchment that are tied to their little birdie.feet... they will billow up high into the air as the sun sets over the lakes...

That's how we will celebrate theDucklings birthday.

:)

3 comments:

CountryCouture said...

As I read the beginning of this blog, my 9 yr. old "BLONDE" daughter says over my shoulder "Man, That's a BIG baby!"

She got her first lesson in perspective :) We are laughing so loudly right now!

Lacey said...

So...are you being serious? With you, I never know!
And I have to know if your sunflare is real....it looks amazing if it is!

Carley said...

I can't tell if you're serious or not. Although I was totally thinking - hey Addison can be the ladybug! Her Halloween costume still fits :) I just can't believe it's been almost a year since I first laid eyes on that handsome boy.