Monday, March 3, 2008

Pizza and Pinecones make the Perfect weekend...










So what that this is my second official posting to my blog. So what that this post will morph this whole thing in to JUST another place to talk.adore.gush about my bebe boy, James! Anyone who is reading knew it was just a matter of time. So, you're not suprised and I'll stop fighting it.



I'm a nice person. I'm smart. I have outside interest and I am really talented in a handful of ways. BUT nothing compares to the part of me that is James' mother. When he was born, I changed. *period* I'm proud to be able to say that. I'm a better person now that he is in my world. Nothing has been more fantastic than learning that I am NOT the center of the universe... and no longer the center of MY universe. I'm not angry. I don't begrudge him all the sacrifices I have made. I don't long to be my old self.... I don't long for the life I use to live.



He was born. I felt an immediate shift towards total fulfillment and adoration. *Immediate*




I'm the lucky one. Lucky that I am good at this job. Lucky that I have a hubby that is more selfless than me. Lucky that we share the joys of parenthood- but also share in the responsibility of it all. Actually, maybe he does more than me. It is Marcus who gets up with James each night. Since night two of his life... It's Marcus that does all the things that I don't want to do during the day... I'm the lucky one. There is NEVER a disconnect with who I am as a mother and who Marcus is as a father. We do it together... for each other... and do it happily.





Maybe it's true what they say. Maybe I was born to be a mother. I love it. AND I feel like I am pretty good at it.




So... on to him. This may be my most favorite stage yet. Maybe? I could gush for pages and pages *see the above preface* BUT instead let me just touch on a few things that tickle me lately. "Momma I weed National Geegaphic. I see ocean habitat." He's in to habitats lately. Next, he has this affection for ladybugs. He's gentle with them. He crawls on his hands and knees on the grass calling 'Waaabugs, wheeerreee are you? I huntin. Dame's huntin for you waaabugs!" When he hears songs on the radio he likes, he says 'awwwight! My favorite! I dancin." Finally, he asks questions like: "You okay, Momma? You tired? You hungy, Momma?"



That's enough for now. GOOD NEWS! I'll be off this week! I plan on catching up on housework and spending time with my boys. Stay tuned for pictures galore. The pics here are from his request for pizza this weekend. I love how simple he makes my life. It's in the little things, you know? Some days I wonder how I ever got so lucky.





*I'm adding in some pics from our usual trip to see Granna and her butterflies!


*For the record, I bought James' new Spring wardrobe this weekend. I had a ton of fun... just get ready. He's stocked to the brim with cuteness!

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh joy! Oh bliss! RAPTURE! Oh so that's a bit much but I'm so thrilled you have joined us in blogville! AND I get to be the first to comment too! Won't this be sooooo much easier than typing the same update and emailing it to everybody. I can totally keep up now! And can I say that that pic of Marcus with the globe is cheesy?! LOL! Well happy blogging dear! Happy blogging.