Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti quake puts parents' adoption dreams in limbo

Oh friends... my heart is so heavy. So so heavy.

In checking my email this afternoon this was the first story on Yahoo that popped up. It's about the orphans in Haiti and their US parents who are trying to get to them... you can imagine how immediately scary it seems for these parents who have no idea IF their children are safe and have food and water. To make matters worse many of these children were scheduled to fly home the week the earthquake hit or sometime soon there after.

...after years of being motherless, fatherless... finally reunited in LOVE...

The adoption process takes so much time... years even- now these parents and their children may have unbelievable Hoops To Jump before they can be safely united.

The sheer idea of it all breaks my heart and has me hitting my knees in prayer for these children... and for the mothers here state.side that can not get to there Beloveds. For those of you who have read my blog for a while, know that NOT being able to get to my children is my NUMBER 1 fear in this life... separation from my Beloved.

Often times I pray for Peace... peace about this or that... but I've never prayed for the kind of Peace necessary to fill that sort of need. Just the sheer vastness of it overwhelms me. Makes me wonder if a single prayer from THIS little mother's heart would urge The Maker of the Universe to deliver such an enormous thing... I'm so small.

BUT it doesn't matter how small I feel. This isn't about me. This is about these children and their parents who face unbelievable challenges before they will be delivered safely into their homes. So, with Hope in my heart, I offer up streams of prayers for these situations... these hundreds of individual situations.

May my voice be heard... may Peace in abundance flow to these children and their families. May safety, provision, and wisdom hasten this seemingly broken process. May this 'obstacle' strengthen the resolve of the American people and families who have a heart for orphans.

*I fear for the 'new' orphans who have been created through this earthquake... for the children who have lost their mother or father... Will they be safe tonight? Who is feeding them? Are they scared? Who is there to hold them and protect them?

I don't pretend that I know what God has planned... but I do know without a shadow of a doubt that His Grace is sufficient. I have no doubt that His Hands are holding these children still in the midst of it all of this chaos...

***READ THIS ARTICLE*** then join me in lifting up this situation in prayer.

Now, if I can just figure out how to DO something about it...

PEACE, LOVE, and PRAYERS.
xo
lmkw

1 comment:

Carley said...

It's just heartbreaking. They are in my prayers as well.