Wednesday, January 13, 2010

On a whim...

I decided to paint my bedroom.

(i.love.to.paint)

Well, let me back up. From the day we moved into this lovely little nest (18 or so months ago), I decided to paint my bedroom. But on my own list of priorities, everyone else's bedroom came before mine. I'm not complaining. Just clarifying. Heading into 2010 I knew that I wanted to A.)Paint and 'do' the Playroom... something similar to a classroom with lots of stations for creative play. I've picked out the proper bookcases,organizational furniture, etc. and budgeted it all in. and B.) Paint our kitchen, dining, living, Great.Room(s) a warm grey color to bring out the best in my pretty antique cypress cabinetry throughout those spaces...

BUT

What about the plan of painting our bedroom? I mean after a year of living, unpacking, decorating, redecorating, baby.birthing- everyone had my effort to get things just right. So what could slapping up a couple of gallons in my bedroom hurt?

Absolutely nothing.

So my color is Benjamin Moore's Wedgewood Grey. It's this beautiful blue.ish grey. The original room color was lovely. Like this cafe au lait color... very pretty. And in other parts of my house, I LOVE it. But with my furniture, in my bedroom- it was a bit too darkish.... and did nothing for my honey stained furniture.

So I've detoured my house.plans just a bit... and am excited about this little selfish splurge. My boys get 99% of my time and resources- and coming off of this big Christmas, I can prolly justify a little effort coming my way.

I want a serene retreat for me and theHotness to have... a refuge that restores us after our day. Clean. Uncluttered. Simple. Refreshing.

The basic colors in the room will be layers of creams, whites, honey, etc... with the blue.grey walls. I plan on rotating my accent colors in oranges... or deep yellows... coral reds... whatever suits my mood/season. That way I can enjoy changing up a few touches here and there without needing to completely overhaul the 'look' again.

Here are a few pics of the paint color along with the bedding I've set my sights on.



I can't decide if I'd rather the cream bedding or the white... I believe I may drive to Houston and decide for myself in person. *That's a little luxury I have with all of my trips back and forth to Houston! I'm so excited about the 'plain' bedding. I'm a bedding freak... I have several sets. BUT they've always had some design or other. Very ornate, generally. I'm wanting something much more simple this time around.

Here are a few other pieces that inspire me to complete the look...

These to go on either side of the headboard...


I can't decide between either framing in this gorgeous wallpaper behind my headboard and in the master bath... or hanging a beautiful fabric panel similar to the one above. *Different style/colors. totally.

Here's the general feeling for a few accent pieces that would tie things together...

New towels for the bathroom...



It's fun to have fast little projects! Plus it suits my mood these days. This new.decade thing has me on inspiration.overload... :)

I'll keep you posted on the progresssss. Maybe even a few pics, too.

*yawn*
Yes, I totally have pretty little blue specs on my hands right now as I type this.

peace, love, and citrus.
xo
lmkw

6 comments:

Life's Little Lessons said...

Oh my gosh...I love it...we are going to be some busy women with this home upgrade! Where are you finding all your pictures...I need some ideas to look at too! If you really like that cream comforter I saw one exactly like it at Hudson's Dirt Cheap...I know its a crummy store, but if you are in there at the right time they have some really good stuff...nice curtain rodes, and area rugs...plus bedding. Sometimes I go in there and find great stuff and other times...nothing! I cant wait to here and see more...its going to be beautiful! Oh...I was wondering if you are planning on home schooling?

Tarra said...

I love love love the bedding! Can't wait to see how all this gets pulled together in your room.

Unknown said...

wow...nice art...you are the one making it by yourself?


very fantastic...love it..


be aware not to be a victim
bestessays scam


regards,
badloi

Anonymous said...

Okay so.. I have to ask because I have fallen in love with your cream bedding! Where did you purchase this cream bedding? This has been exactly what I've been looking for!

Anonymous said...

I was gonna ask about the bedding too! Where is it from?

paulsmith198914@gmail.com said...

You're an excellent blogger with a good taste of humor. Thanks for sharing this with others! Use this writing web service in order to feel professionally equipped!