Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What LOVE can do...

Right now, I sit here at the computer. TheHotness is deep into telling James a night.night story. They are at the part where Marcus sets up the story and James takes over. Things get very colorful from here on out to the end. "Carried the WHOOOOLE pot. Uh huh. Den.... Well. One day..." *just a little real.time excerpt! :)

I'm rewashing a load of towels that got lost in translation between yesterday's events and todays rat.killin... it happens sometimes. I appreciate what a splash of bleach can do with musty wet towels. A quick fix for my forgetfulness.

Jax is about 30 minutes in to his night.night. He went down easy tonight. I love it when that happens.

I finished up a big family shoot and have delivered my work to them. SUCH a good feeling. I hope I get great feedback. I'm so passionate with what I see when I'm behind the lens. I hope it shows. Since I won't be working late into the night on edits tonight, I really hope to grab a glass of wine and hit the couch with theHotness. I want to watch a House hunters episode... International House Hunters... maybe a Parisian one.

So that's what is going on here in our.Little.Nest. Everything just fine. Safe and sound.

But right now- right this very moment- my friend Meghan is flying to Uganda.

I bet she is trying to sleep on the plane. But I have a good feeling that her nerves may just have the best of her. I bet she's up. :)

As I tend my boys and fan the daily fires here at home, she has gathered up a few things, kissed her husband and daughter goodbye. We aren't sure when she will be coming back. We know she will return... and hopefully soon... but we aren't sure if it will be a week... or weeks. BUT when she does return, she will be bringing the very best surprise home. You see, this girl... my friend... someone my age... who lives here locally decided to Love. A simple decision that has led to a very complex journey. Their family decided to change the life of a little boy. A four year old little boy names Moses. A beautiful thing with big eyes and an ear.to.ear smile.

After a long long journey, Meghan is working her way to Moses. Flights. Overhead compartments. Airports. Baggage claim. Buses. Streets. And a myriad of kind people who are each playing their small role to unite a Mother with her Son.

A vibrantSpirit being forever united with another vibrantSoul. Connected through space and time. A decision that will change the world.

Love can do that.

LOVE can do THAT.

I hope people smile when they see her face. Because deep in her heart I'm sure she is nervous... maybe even a little scared. But they will see Hope in her eyes. She may be small... unassuming. But she's harboring a Mighty Force inside of her. Strength. Courage. Resolve.

I hope she falls in love with Uganda. The sights. The sounds. The joy. To be honest, I hope she never fully recovers from this experience. Even though she will be returning home with Moses, I hope she leaves a bit of herself there.

A mother boarded that plane and a mother will be returning home. This time, with her boy.joy- an orphan no more.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world."

So right now, even though things are calm here on my home.front... somewhere else in this world Great Things are happening. Unlikely things are happening. Love is happening.

Godspeed, Meghan. Many prayers are lifting you high. Soak it all in. Every moment. I know you will miss home- but try to rest in the comfort of what it will feel like to bring your bebe home... how fulfilling it will be to help him brush his teeth at night... to help make the fruit salad for lunch. How incredible it will be when you and bebeGirl and Moses are breaking all the rules and are jumping on the beds during the middle of the day- just because it's fun and nothing feels better than bebies laughing. You will be home soon. But for now, have fun falling in Love. God is good, friend. You aren't alone.

Peace, LOVE, and love.
xo
lmkw

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What an amazing blog from precious soul to another. Meghan will glow when she reads this. :)

Your blogs and thoughts are always so encouraging and uplifting. I love these things about you!!

XO and ~HUGS~

sara said...

Such sweet words! I found your blog from Meghan's. What a gift you are!!

Love said...

i got to share some of meghan's 1st trip to uganda with her when our time there overlapped. thank you for supporting her and loving her! these words are precious!

Kathy said...

Beautiful! You have a wonderful way with words, but more importantly, you have the gift to see that mother-love, adoption style, is just that - mother-love! I can see why Meghan says you will be lifelong friends. (I came here from her blog.) Thank you for encouraging her along the way!

Anonymous said...

Cool. What happened next?