Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello Monday.


It's no secret that I love Mondays.

I'll admit that the secret ingredient to loving the most dreaded day of the week is being a SAHM. But I love the fact that Monday is a fresh slate for me... My routine begins again. I know what to do. I know what to expect.

Today is especially nice, because we had a very productive day here at the house yesterday. Being a true SAHM, the majority of household duties are my responsibility. At any given time, I know where we are in the process of things. On the clean to dirty scale, at any given time, I can tell you exactly where the laundry is, the linens, the tubs and bathrooms, the grocery shopping, etc... BUT every now and then, my 'job' requires theHotness' assistance. Think hunky repair.man with tool belt strapped to his waist. Very desperate.housewife of me...

BUT with two boys underfoot, packing away all the Christmas decor requires the extra brawn. So yesterday we were both busy bees. AND (!) that makes for a really nice Monday because I so jump.started this ship yesterday.

Anywho, I've been meaning to post about a recent movie that I have seen and loved. *Marcus and I are trying to watch more movies at night... when the kids are tucked snuggly in bed... perhaps a glass of wine... Us. Alone. On the couch with my cold toes tucked under his leg, watching something together.

We watched 'Away We Go' with Maya Rudolph and Jim Halpert from The Office... or whatever his real name is. We loved it SO MUCH that we watched it twice two nights in a row. Oh. I was expecting a comedy- but it's not. There are really funny parts in it- but all in all, it wasn't staged as a comedy.


It's a beautiful story about a couple's journey about what family means to them... Having been pregnant before and having experienced all the longings to create Home and Family for my expectant child, many things in this movie resonated with me. The writing is amazing... I've lost my love for movies bc the writing is generally TERRIBLE and cliche. Unless it's on Sundance, it's not worth my time. BUT this movie is a beautiful exception. It's incredibly well written. *Jillers and all you other GlowingMothers out there- this is a good one to get you excited about pregnancy and bebies...

*Disclaimer: Don't send your attack.dogs on me for liking this movie. The Protagonist are un.wed. I'm not advocating anything here... it's just a sweet movie. And before you judge my moral compass, remember that you are most prolly obsessed with Vampires--- so send your henchmen home. :) I dig Holy.Matrimony, mkay? But the movie rocks.

My favorite quote from the movie:
(On parenthood) "It's all those good things you have in you. The love, the wisdom, the generosity, the selflessness, the patience. The patience! At 3 A.M. when every one's awake because Ibrahim is sick and he can't find the bathroom and he's just puked all over Katki's bed. When you blink, when you blink! And it's 5:30 and it's time to get up again and you know you're going to be tired all day, all week, all your dadgum life. And you're thinking what happened to Greece? What happened to swimming naked off the coast of Greece? And you have to be willing to make the family out of whatever you have."

*yep* Go rent it.

Okay, off to let the bread proof before baking... and to get to my fireplace screen before theDuckling does.it.in and smashes it to smitherines!!!

Peace, Love, and breakfast.
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Carley said...

I laughed at loud at the disclaimer as I definitely fall into that category. Give me vampires any day - especially Edward. I'll have to check your movie out.

Jill said...

Thank you, I forgot about this movie! (Am immediately going to BBusteronline to put in que next.) We love the Office and I secretly heart Jim Halpert and remember seeing the previews to this and thinking "We must see!" I feel the same as you about movies these days. They're all the same or feel so rushed.

I love reading about your daily doings, your bread-baking (which I'm so envious of), your bebe time, the chores that you make sound like such fun, the knitting (again, which I'm so envious of) and it makes me really look forward to where I'm going to be someday.

*smooch* xo Jill

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm .... one of the ones I looked at while deciding which one to choose On Demand this weekend. Watched Julie & Julia instead (which was great and if Julia Child's husband was as sweet a man as portrayed, she was blessed indeed), but now, after your glowing endorsement, may have to check it out.

Do you have a list? i.e., it's Monday, so we wash sheets, it's Tuesday so we clean bathrooms? (This SAHM stuff is hard for me because I worked in the real world for so long.) I'd rather be blogging or scrapbooking than just about anything else :)

paulsmith198914@gmail.com said...

What a nice story! I have no words how to express my deepest gratitude to you, dear author. Thanks a lot for such an intriguing article and I hope that you will be keeping up the good work! Writing a dissertation, I frequently turn to ​http://dissertationwriting.services/!