Sunday, June 15, 2008

Let the Games Begin!


Wells... I've got a lot to say! First off, it's nearly 2am and I still have heaps of homework to do. Second of all, I am officially a single-mother-hybrid. 'Hybrid' makes me think of cars- which leads to gas- which leads to money- which leads to M's new job. And, that's a good thing, because that's where I am headed. MarcusHotness' new job. Yes. He starts it tomorrow. I mean, today. He starts it today. 8am. He pulled in to the Baton Rouge Hilton late tonight to start his new career with ExxonMobile. *crazy* We both never dreamed five years ago when he started working after graduation, that his decisions would lead him to a position like this. He went from being a marketing major/jock to an Exxon Cost Engineer. Nuts! I mean, blessings. I can't tell you how proud I am of him. Every step along the way he has our best in mind. He made aggressive career decisions...decisions that took sheer guts... lot of people didn't support or encourage the decisions we made... but here we are: Heading back home, about to close on a spectacular new home, me graduating... being able to expand our family without the worries of me needing to go to work right away. God is great. And I believe with all of my heart that He has a plan for us. I know that's easy to say when things are going our way... but we've struggled, we've grieved, and we've worked really hard... but we never doubted that all the heartache and unanswered prayers would work together for His good and glory.

We spent some time lounging at the pool... Oh, James. He loves the water.




We spent this weekend together. I made many of Marcus' favorite Louisiana dishes... we went to an Astros game with our best friends (in.cred.ible seats about three arms lengths grabs away from my *Lance Berkman*)... we laid out by the pool and swam... we cuddled up to movie nights... and we ate some delish seafood.

Geaux 'Stros!






Marcus will drive home Friday night and stay the weekends with us here in Texas. I officially have 9 more days of school left! I can't believe it. After I finish, I will spend the next two weeks between here and LA. One day at a time. BUT the fact remains that we are officially on the move! In a matter of weeks, we will be starting a new little adventure. I can't wait!

*Father's Day Love*


Marcus, hands down, you are the best father this side of the Pecos. The stuff you do for James... the endless patience... the time you invest in him every single day... He has such a bright future ahead of him because of YOU. Not only does your love create options for a bright future, but the way you work- the way you love-your generosity -your Faith... everyday you teach him how to become a great man. You couldn't gift me with anything more precious in the world. We love you.

Keep us in your prayers as we transition. Especially with all this driving we will be doing.... pray for safe travels.

I'll do better with the blogging. I really do have lots to say--- surprises, too. Sort of. Okay- back to the heaps of homework.

Peace, xo.

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

What are these suprises that you speak of? Damnit woman I haven't talk to you in ages! CALL ME! I have a camera to buy and I'm lost with out your advice!