Sunday, June 8, 2008

Summer Sublime...


I'm just wrapping up our weekend fun. The boys are fast asleep and I'm planning my day tomorrow. This will be Marcus' last full week with us here in Kingwood before leaving us to start his new position at ExxonMobil in Baton Rouge. (!!!) We aren't looking forward to saying good by five days at a time... but we all are giddy with excitement with our new opportunity in Baton Rouge.

AND what does our Livable Forest do this weekend to help us start our four week good bye process!?!?! *huff* I love this place. There is no doubt that I will always miss Kingwood. Saturday we drove to the new sushi joint we love in the town square... and we came upon a music festival in our Town Center. Our town center is a beautiful little square with cool shops and boutiques that surround a big grassy knoll. There was a great band set up... people were on blankets in the grass... a little wine vendor set up there to the side... There was a space walk for the kids, pony rides, and a tiny little petting zoo under the trees. The whole thing was small, quaint, and perfect. So we enjoyed the festivities then ate a whole lotta sushi! It's cute to see James eat his California rolls and edimame... with chopsticks no less! I will miss Kingwood's nice amenities... There is so much that Texas has that Baton Rouge lacks. But, hopefully LA will still my heart again. We'll see.

Then today, my Erica, Chris, and Tater came over for a good backyard romp. We grilled burgers, mushrooms, corn on the cob... James made a delish fruit salad for us... watermelon, bubbles, swimming... the whole nine. I love my friends. Having our families together and letting the boys play is more natural than anything else I've done. I'll never get use to not having them around. Our families are so well bonded... the husbands totally enjoy each other's company... Erica and I are like sisters... and the boys- well, the boys are perfect together. The good news is that the Dugans are ready to travel! Erica is really good about loading Tater up and heading out places- so when Chris is out of town, they will be heading East to stay with us. So excited about all LA goodness to treat them to!

*Here are a few pics from last weekend. The girls down the street set up a lemonade stand, and James support the local business by buying a cup and tipping well. Then he walked over some blueberry and lemon scones he had helped me make to Pat... his favorite neighbor.





*Oh, I'll fill you in on the school/house particulars soon!

Until then,
Peace, xo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMKWhitty! You call me when there's a lemonade stand! One of my top 5 life rules *ALWAYS stop at lemonade stands! ALWAYS!

E