Monday, June 23, 2008

My *Fiftieth* Post....


Wow, I can't believe this is my fiftieth post! I'm actually loving blogging over the past couple of weeks. I'll admit, I got a little frustrated with it a while back. It's like tossing a message in a bottle out to sea. You never know if anyone is even reading it.... I've heard that from a lot of bloggers. They say just keep it up and soon you'll see it pick up momentum. Not like I want tons of comments- but a few certainly make me feel 'connected' through my words. I've been getting lots of love, emails, and calls lately encouraging me to do three things: 1.) Hang in there with Marcus being gone. 2.) Hang in there through my daily summer class schedule so I can finally graduate. and 3.) To survive the Big Move.

***Thank you for being that person for me. Never underestimate the impact it makes to let a person know that you are thinking about them. I don't know what it is... but something about the thought combined with the action of telling the person makes something entirely MORE powerful than either the thinking part or the telling part in isolation. Does that makes sense? If you've ever wondered how you can change the world... start with that. Go ahead, make someone's day. It's really that simple. *Note to self: do it more.* Check. So, thanks again! And, Carmen, I owe you a nice long conversation on the phone... I nearly melted when you left me that *message love* the other day. It made me think of our conversations while you were in Paris... I loved having you there just a phone call away. *The life of a 'single mom' has kept me from calling you back. Between lattes, pedicures, shopping sprees, and extensive time in the gym and tanning bed... I've been left with little time for phone calls. *I'm being so sarcastic that I can't stand it* I actually listened to the phone message on speaker while I was swiffering in one hand, holding/consoling James on the other hip, 15 seconds from needing to flip the frozen chicken thawing in the microwave- in fear that it could 'nook' to rubber if left one second more, leaving a hasty.yet tasty meal spoiled! So, I owe you one nice phone call.

*********************

Now, yes, MarcusHotness DID, in fact, travel home to 'visit' us this weekend. AND We made out like teenagers on the couch. And I mean LOTS of heavy petting. (!!!) No, actually, we didn't do anything of the sort. RATS! It felt so good to all three be together again- that we all got extremely drowsy! Saturday night I believe we all three fell asleep at 8pm and didn't wake up until 9am the following morning. It goes to show that neither of us can really sleep when we are so far apart. Don't you love that? The power of family... I've got a family! Gosh. Sometimes it just hits you! I love it when 'life' connects with my brain, and I feel a jolt of validation.

What did we do? Cupcakes, Granna's House aka- HMNS, Lupe Tortilla, aka- the greatest Mexican restaurant on the face of the planet, bubbles in the backyard, our favorite Toy Store Boutique... oh, and I bought new bed linens for our bed!

So, to keep this simple, here are a few pics from our weekend...












So, that's that! I loves all yall!

Peace, xo.
lmkw

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hearing someone say "I was thinking about you" IS the best thing a person can hear. Me? They thought of little ole me? :)

I know how you are feeling! J and I loved long distance for one whole year. He just came back a little over a month ago. Now I can't sleep without him. And we're ALWAYS late for work because the zzz's are so good.

Beautiful shots girlie! Especially love the waterfall shot of your sweet bebe.

Happy 50th! Thanks for the sweet comments lately, they're real spirit lifters!

Michelle Sanders said...

Awwwhhh Shuggg! You know the Sanders love ya! Your posts are always so well written and sometimes we are both so busy that your blog posts are our only updates into sugarbutt-land. So keep it up dearest!

Janee said...

I'm getting excited because you're soon going to be able to meet Parker, and I'm going to get to meet that punkin' of yours! : ) It's gonna be FUN!