Thursday, June 19, 2008

When you find 'happy' in your day...


Sometimes, as you are going through your day, you walk in to things that make you take notice. Somebody does something that just makes you stop- and take note. For whatever reason, the person does something specific that makes you run in to 'happy' when you least expect it. Like a little surprise. Here is where I found happy in my day.

1.) I love going to school. Yall know that. I really like seeing my professors. They are truly interesting people. Inspiration puddles on the floors when I talk with them... it's like they have too much cool.ness for one person so it seeps from the hem of their capris on to the floor. Anywho, today, a favorite prof. came around the corner. Addressed me and another prof. Her hand on her hip, nearly out of breath, flipping hair to one side and said, "Jamie Lynn Spears just had her bebe this morning. In Mississippi." (long pause)

-that made me run in to happy.

2.) In the car with James today: "Go that way, Momma! GO THAT WAY!!!" *he's a backseat bully, lately. He lives to shout orders from his Britex thrown. Being the two year old ruler that he is... in addition to barking out orders to turn on the music, turn it up loud, turn it down soft, find a fast song, replay the same song, open the 'sky' *sunroof, etc.... he settles with one command and repeats it over and over and over and over and OVER again until road rage starts to fire up my legs and settles in my chest* Tired from my day and not in the mood to be bossed, I sighed and flippantly said, "James, you know... if you are going to order me around while driving... and you don't even know how to drive, you could at least use specific terms to boss me around. Geeze, kid." (....5 second pause....) "Turn left, momma. (Mc)Donald's on left up dere."

-I ran smack in to happy.

3.) Walking in to the guest bathroom, I found a pile of towels neatly folded on the counter. *AAAHHHHhhh, the mother in law opened my dryer and folded my towels.* I usually hate people doing stuff like that. I'm a 'do.it.myself.er'--- however sometimes if the timing is juuuuuuuust right, that can make me run in to happy.

4.) Tonight on the phone with MarcusHotness:

Hotness: "You could put up new photos on your blog for me."

Tired bride: *sigh* "Hmmhmm, I could. Do you even read my blog anyway?"

*note to reader: Marcus wasn't able to see his sweet video... blocked at work.
RATS*

Hotness: (in a huff) "Of course I do!"

TB: "Okay. What did I write about last night?"

(long pause)

Hotness: (audibly uneasy) "Umm, you talked about your day."

TB: "Niiice, Marcus."

Hotness: "Lindsey, you know comprehension was never my strong suit."

TB: "This really has nothing to do with comprehension, honey."

Hotness: "You talked about... being tired... and me coming home tomorrow...(feeling the urgency to beef up his game, his voiced rose to a stressful tenor)... and you talked about... not.... being able............. to... do it.. with out your-big-strapping-man-around-helping-you-out-with-things." (It was like he remember the words to the song about a half a beat too late- but finished strong and was waiting for the audience applause)

TB: (giggle)..... (long pause)

TB: "Marcus I don't believe mentioning much about that--- I talked a good deal about something else totally unrelated to your brawn and muscles."

Hotness: "Well, I mean, I gave you a solid summary."

TB: "No, sugar. A summary contains details of the beginning, middle, and end of a story. That was no summary."

Hotness: (pause) "Oh, oh, OH... hold on... ummmm... it was... you said something about... you mentioned..... crap. Hold on, I've almost got it..... YEAH! Mangoes! You talked about mangoes! And how you have dirty thoughts about Mangoes!!!!!" *sounding audibly victorious

TB: (pfffft).........

Hotness: (smug and audibly high-fiving himself) "Uh huh. Silence is golden! Looks like your man shooooowed you. Defeated. Now put up new pics."

***I was hit square in the face with happy.

5.) Last but not least: *before said McDonalds car ride...*

Me: "James, what would you like for supper?"

Beaux: "Donalds! Donalds, Momma."

Me: (suprised... we don't eat much of that- so it's like... where'd you pick this up?) "I see. What would you like to eat from McDonalds?"

Beaux Jack: (hopping up and down ultra excited.like) "MIIIIIILK!!!!"

*I tripped right over happy.

#############

In honor of making through our first week, we celebrated with some milk from McDonalds... and a suppertime serenade. Enjoy!


Peace, xo.

2 comments:

Janee said...

I'm crying, I laughed so hard. That was absolutely ADORABLE (the singing). I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Lindsey!! That was hilariously wonderful. It brought tears of laughter AND joy to my eyes. That was so beautiful. I miss you guys TOO much.

-E (Miss America E)