Sunday, May 11, 2008

*Happy Mother's Day*

"Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother." -Lin Yutang


Happy Mother's Day to all of my mommy friends. I've said it before, but the friendships and encouragement that have come from those of you who are mothers has been such a great gift to me over the last two years. Every adorative comment about James, or 'at.a.girl' you send my way helps restore who I am and who I want to be. Being James' mother has been such an immense privilege for me... I've never been so 'real' before. He adds a clarity to my life and a simplicity that I would not have otherwise. Bottom line, I feel like I am the very best version of myself now, as a momma. I could never be the perfect mother... but James gives me a million reasons to give it my best shot. So I am grateful to have the opportunity to serve in the ranks of Motherhood.

My mothers day was spent traveling back to Texas from Baton Rouge. But along the way I was spoiled with Starbucks, a mini.photoshoot, a nap, and a requested meal of choice! Here are some shots from our way out of town. I wasn't really wanting to take pics... or have my pic taken... but Marcus had his heart set on getting a few on my THIRD Mother's Day! So, we stopped for a quick spell. Here are a few of my favs:














Oh! And the results from my haircup. It's still pretty much the same... but more asymetrical and heavy bangs. I love it.




Now, on to the details about the house. Okay. Location? Zachary. Audubon Lakes. It's two years old, four bedrooms with office nook... The kitchen is my favorite room... I love the cabinetry throughout the house... the high ceilings... and floorplan. Plus, the bebe will have a blast being able to fish in the lake right from the backyard. It's pretty much perfect. Marcus' commute to work will be around 15 minutes- which is huge since he commutes nearly 2 hours one way here in Houston. Umm... I'll let the pics do the talking. Oh, I have tons of pics up on my Dropshots account. This is where I post ALL of my pics... If you are interested in seeing them, just let me know and I'll give you the info. Okay- now, for pics:














God has been in control of this since day one... so I know the next 60 days will go by as planned. This house just 'popped' out on the market one day before we put a bid in on it. In fact, we had already placed a bid on another house... But we KNOW this was the house that was meant for us. We are so grateful to have this opportunity.

Our car ride home:




Lots to do this week... I'll post plenty as the days go by. Love to you all!
Peace, xo.

2 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

The house is amazing (I pretty much knew it would be). Love your Mother's Day photo shoot too...wish we could have been there. I did manage to get one picture of me & Zane and one with my mom so all is good.

*much love*

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day! You guys are so special. What a lucky little family you are!

E