Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer... has a way of makin' you nostalgic.

Sorry I've been MIA. I guess since Memorial Day took a day off our week, it seems like this week has been *ultra*quick.

Yesterday came James' big arrival of his summer wardrobe! *crazy eyed clapping* It's like Christmas again... James loves pulling out and unwrapping his new threads. He's the best gift receiver. He cheers and jumps and squeals and does all the other gratifying things you want when you give a kid something. Even though James is a little boy, he's still my doll bebe. I love dressing him up in his new digs. It's a joy... and a blessing, too. So I'm warnin' you- be on alert for ultra summer cuteness comin your way in pictures. James Neal is quite the STUDmuffin.

So, the cash part. Holy cow. Okay- the short version is this: I'm trying to reduce our storage items from this house to either something we NEED, LOVE, or is a seasonal item that is NEEDED/LOVED. I made a proclamation in our household. A decree if you will.... "WE WILL NOT TRANSFER USELESS STUFF FROM THIS HOUSE TO THE NEW HOUSE. IF WE DON'T NEED IT/LOVE IT/USE IT THE ITEM IN QUESTION WILL BE DONATED." Yes, I am the Queen and also my own Royal Messenger. So I had to test myself. One of the largest stored amount I have is James' old bebe cloths. I haven't sold or given much of it away. Cleaning out his closet is one of the hardest things for me. Not because I get attached to the CLOTHES themselves--- but to the memories that were made when he wore them. It's hard to face the passing of time so blatantly as to put away outgrown items. It's like the empty hangers mock me: "he won't be your bebe for long!" So, I bag them and allow myself ONE FULL DAY to be sad about the stage he just outgrew... and usually, I see how exciting the new stage has become. So it all gets better. BUT I do have about 20 huge trash bags FULL of his old clothes. Practicing what I've been preaching, I tested myself. OPEN ONE BAG--- and hold the items that are so precious you can't part with- then see if there are things you have no real attachment to. So, I did. I did find a few things that I knew I wanted to keep forever... three bags to be exact. BUT I was able to clean out the remaining 15 or so...

Now here is where it gets fun. A friend hooked me up with a great yard sale site here in Kingwood *because we aren't allowed to hold garage sales in our village*- and a few of her favorite peeps. And it looks like I may actually be able to turn these delightful outfits into some cold hard cash! Holy cow! I do have really good, clean, name brand items... and these women are eatin' it up. I feel so accomplished and useful! It's great because I can devote this extra cheese to offset the expense of James' new big boy bedding and playroom plans in the new house. *giggle* So, extra stuff is vanishing AND I can contribute financially. I feel productive and accomplished.

Blueberries? We will be having a picnic supper this afternoon at the blueberry farm down the road. I want to pick pounds and pounds of the luscious treats and hopefully get a few special shots in the meantime. Picking fruits and veggies remind me of home... my mother and grandparents.

Here is an old slideshow of our summer last year... it pretty much sums up what I love about this season. I can't wait to make new memories this year! CLICK HERE IN ORDER TO SEE A FASTER, BETTER FORMAT VIEW.


That's it for me. I'll be making a pic. post soon.
Thanks for reading, caring, loving.

Enjoy your weekend!
Peace.

No comments: