Tuesday, May 20, 2008

*Spoiled* ... even though I hate to admit it...

*UPDATE* Sorry- for not spell checking this one first. So you see, spelling isn't my forte.

Seriously. That's one word I really hate to hear, much less say. Maybe because it has an over.all negative co notation... but it is fairly accurate. I am spoiled. By many people, but two people of late. Marcus and Erica. It's true. They treat me like their little doll bebe. They even look at me with googoo eyes. But with them doing the adoring- I love every minute AND I don't take it for granted.

Here they are:



So today was the start of my two.nighter girls night. Yes, two nighter. A couple of my sweet girls couldn't make it out of the house tonight- but can tomorrow night. Since my stud muffin is playing softball until late tomorrow night, it makes sense to celebrate again! *Back to what I was saying... about me being nearly rotten. A parcel was dropped off this afternoon. I was too busy setting the table and getting the yummies displayed to really pay it much mind. An hour or so later, it hit me. What was that package? It did have my name on it. "Maaarrrrcuuuuuuus!?" I asked him about said package. He grinned and did a terrible job playing it off. So, ugh. Is it my birthday present? He acted tough- but as we all know, keeping secrets is one thing Marcus does NOT do well. He gets too excited to wait for things. So as me and my dearest E played and beaded, he brought out the gift. "Go ahead, open it." Is the suspense killing you yet?

It was *!THIS!* bad boy.

That's right... my dream flash!


I'm so excited. I wish I could be content photographing in natural light only- but the truth is it's hard when you have young children... They move fast. AND so many special moments happen indoors- where the lighting is too low for clean shots. With adults you can at least say- hold still. So, I've been jonesin for this bad for a while. It's a powerful little guy and I can't wait to experiment more with it.

OH HOW I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY... I mean, I LOVE IT. I have so much to learn- and have a extremes amount of fun piddling. *sigh* Thank you Marcus... I don't think I've ever mentioned a single thing that I've wanted that you haven't surprised me with a wish come true. He's the most generous man I know.

Then there is my number two indulger, Erica. Every time I see her *which is multiple times a week* she has something to gift me with. Seriously. Every time. "Oh, this made me think of you." "This had your name all over it- so I had to get it." "I ordered something for me the other day- and I got you one too." No joke. It's amazing. Well, she's amazing. Anywho, she's a gifted jewelry maker and really creates some splendid things... and I believe I have more of her pieces than even she does. Tonight was time for me to host her over at the house- and what did she do? Bring me a bag of goodies to whip me up a bracelet and pair of earrings. Why? Because she said that the stones were "Lindsey blue." *sigh* She's so much better to me than I deserve. Here is the finished product. They are even prettier in person. I love them... LOVE THEM.


So I suppose this is *birthweek* for me. I'm so grateful to have such special people in my life. It seems this is where God and His blessings are most evident in my life. It's hard to imagine the enormity of His gift of salvation--- and that certainly is more than enough in itself. BUT when I take a step back and look over the past *nearly 27 years* of my life, I'm astounded by the people He has put in my path. These people aren't just good or neat or kind--- they are exceptional in many incredible ways. My parents, sisters and beautiful brother, Marcus, James, my Pinks, my SHSU darlings, my inspirational professors and mentors... It's crazy. I'm honored by the company I keep.

So, we will wait for Girls Night: The Duece. But, tonight ended like this ->


And lets face it... good friends, wines, cheeses, and needle nose pliers all add up to a beautiful evening.

*How will I ever repay Erica for her beautifully generous friendship? By treating her when she comes to LA for visits. New Orleans, plantations, photoshoots, charbroiled oysters, nice sheets, tiger football, good food... I have so many plans!

Happy Wednesday friends!
Peace, xo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsey. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do. I love you, Soul Sista...

E