Monday, May 19, 2008

Hello, Monday!


Another nice weekend is under our belt. The time keeps ticking away for us here in the Livable Forest. The count is now: Two weeks until I start summer school and finally get all of my work done to graduate in August. Four weeks until Marcus starts his new job with ExxonMobil in Baton Rouge. Fifty-seven days until we close on our beautiful new house.

We had a frustrating house showing yesterday. We got a call at 2pm requesting a showing from 3-4. Sure, no prob. bob. We tidied the house up, lit the candles, woke the bebe up from his nap- and were out of the house by a quarter to 3pm. Then on our way back home, I got a voice mail canceling the showing from 3-4 and a request to reschedule from 4-5pm. It was 4:45pm when I got the message. Grrr. So our forced time out of the house went from one hour to nearly three... BUT whatever.

When we got home, our best friends came over to play in the backyard with us. We have the best time hanging out and loving on each other. That's really what we do. We just love every minute of being together. Our boys are so so so sweet together... and such a pleasure to play with. Plus, Erica and I could be sisters... and I tell Chris (the hubby) that he is my second favorite husband of all time. He's a great guy all by himself--- plus he's an inspirational dad. *Which makes spending time together such a gift. When you become parents... nothing is more encouraging and restorative than being with other incredible parents who do their very best in raising their children and are connected with their family. One of our most precious blessings living here in Texas has been meeting the Dugans. And on top of that, I have three other families who provide the same sort of example and encouragement for us. I'll miss my gals as much as I miss their children. I hope I can find similarly like.minded parents when we get back to Baton Rouge/Zachary.... I'm on the hunt! So if you are out there--- let me know!

Here are a few specials shots I caught yesterday.








Oh, and my Erica made me this gorgeous necklace... she makes gorgeous jewlery! You can find her lovelies here. Thank you, E. I love my collection of Ericawear.


*oh, before I forget... thanks to my friends, we've discovered the very best bubble blower on the face of the planet- and the best bubble solution every made. So, if you want the scoop, just ask! Your summer can be filled with bubbly fun, too!

Tomorrow night- GIRLS NIGHT AT MY CASA!!! The flower are bought and arranged... the yummies made... now we just need to add my beautiful girlfriends and some refreshing cocktails! *excited*

Happy Monday... and have a lovely evening!
Peace, xo.

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

Um Hi Lindsey...I'm in the Baton Rouge area...just a short trip from Zachary. Perhaps our family will meet your criteria. References available upon request. tee he he!

Oh and that E original is scrumptious!