Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What a Day!





Wells, the house has been on the market for two whole days now... and this morning at 8am the phone started ringing to schedule showings today. YIKES! It's starting! We were prepared for this, but I still feel like I am behind. Yesterday afternoon Marcus and I did a rush clean/mulch job on our front flower bed. It's monster big- for those of you who haven't seen it in person. And we still have little odd jobs like pressure washing the side of the house... But that sounds like a MarcusHotness job right? Right.

Here are the boys sitting on the tailgate admiring our hard work while I snapped off a few pics for the house listing. Yes, James is necked- all but his 'big.boy.drawers.' There was a puddle out front in the culdesac AND puddles are fun... so I let the boy go for it and dig in. He doesn't like his clothes being totally soaked. So combine that with his propensity for streaking... and he ended up *nearly* necked.




In fact, I feel like I am going non.stop all day. BUT it's exciting to say the least. We had to leave the house for two showings today... but we got some errands run. James' nap schedule was messed up a bit--- but we are trying to keep a positive look on everything. I will say, our little house is beautiful and as neat as a pen. So I guess we will wait and see...

Umm. How 'bout a little James Speak? Okay, his latest funny things:
1.) *while riding in the car today* 'Momma? I don't want to go car wash. I scared me. But, I do want bebe sister.'

2.) 'I want two lollipops, Momma.' *No, bebe you can only have one.* 'Yes, only one. How 'bout 5?'

3.) *telling our neighbor* 'Holy cow. I poopoo potty today.' *that's fantastic James! You're such a big boy.* 'Yeah, i made teeny tiny one.' *gesturing with his little hands*

4.) This one was more of an instance than something he said: We were bathing in our big tub together and James was sitting in my lap learning a new song. He got silly and head butted me in the face... bridge of my nose, etc. It shocked me and hurt me. He was stunned... I was stunned. But I didn't say anything really. I just grabbed my face and moaned a bit. James jumped out of the tub dripping wet and ran out of the bathroom. I got out, dried off- and went looking for him. There he was, sitting dripping wet in the 'uncooperative spot' *which is really just a corner in our living room. I told him it was okay and he didn't need to sit there. That mommy was okay. I wrapped him in the towel and he said, 'Momma hurt. Dames' berry uncoofertive.' *poor guy.

OH one more 5.) *following our neighbor guy up to his front door to see Mrs. Pat* 'You have good work day, Peter? Makin money, pah-vidin for your family?' *Yes, James, I had a great day at work today. Thanks for asking.*


He's so cute it's ridiculous. I can't believe that he's 2 years and 4 months old!!!


Here are a few pics of a few fav. places in my house...




Tomorrow? Two appraisers are coming... around 9am. Maybe a few showings. James needs a haircup and I want to maybe nap while he's napping. I'm really beat. I'll keep yall posted. Otherwise, things are right on schedule!

Peace, xo.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Beautiful!! Thanks for the sweet comments on my engagement post. I'm so silly crazy about him and our life-to-be!

James is hilarious and so precious! Sounds like he's got the personality of his mommy. ;)

Good luck on the house!

Anonymous said...

yes, yes, yes... be prepared for THE most inoportune times for showings! Sometimes it just gets ridiculous. Some of ours have only given us like 15 minute notice! Imagine making sure the house is presentable AND getting a toddler and a baby out the door...grrr! BUT, its all worth it in the end.

James is 2 going on 20! He's such a great kid!