Sunday, July 13, 2008

Endings and New Beginnings


***Heading out! The Dugans and Whittys... Hybrid Family. The moving guy took this one... Thanks E for posting this for me... I'll be sure to blog more on it later and include more precious pics.

It's official. We've moved. Move(d). Catch that past tense? Well, I shouldn't feel too much accomplishment. I've yet to unpack the first box at the new place. But the old house has been packed, loaded, and is somewhere between Kingwood, Texas and Zachary, Louisiana. And, yes, I was sad to leave.

Kingwood was my little refuge... safe place... neutral oasis. I grew up there. Became a mother there. I met new friends there. I'll never forget what a beautiful place and wonderful time I had in the four years that we were in the livable forest.

I'll miss my girlfriends most of all. I fell head over heels with 4 ladies and their boys... my PINKS. I'll miss them most of all. I'll miss my best friend, Erica and her Chris and certainly her Tate. I'll miss the fish and the folded hand towel on the carpet by her back door with her worn out pink flip flops on top- for when she steps outside. I'll miss Tate's pile of books... the boys playing music together... and the times we just rolled around on the carpet talking and tending the boys. I'll miss her garage and the Darty Dugan's Dart board... I'll miss Tecate with lime.

I'll miss my little home nestled beneath the pines. I'll miss my back patio and violets by my tub. I'll miss James' nursery... and the comfort that sweet little home provided us.

I'm sad, excited, and utterly emotionally spent. I promise to get the pics rolling as soon as I can...

Thanks for all the kind words and sweet thoughts during this nutty time. We've been blessed through it all.

More on the home front later.

Peace, xo.

2 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh my GAWD! You gave me chills! LOL! I love you shug. Just wanted to say that.

Janee said...

"But all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time."

This is one of my favorite quotes from Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven. For some reason, your post made me think of it! Hoping all the moving has gone well!! Love and hugs!