Thursday, July 3, 2008

A little effort...

Fourth of July last year...


They say a little effort goes a long way. Perhaps that's true here in blog.land. Maybe not. However, I am in the mood to talk... I mean, blog. I know I've been scattered lately with my overbooked months full to the brim of tasks, list, and deadlines... however, here I lay--- in bed, laptop in lap--- on the brink of something different. I still have a lot to do with moving my household over the great Sabine, here to LA, but the bulk of the work will be done by hired movers. For now, I've just dreamed and imagined how our life will be here in Zachary, back home with family.

This week I've done a good bit of dreaming and planning... hopefully those efforts will help me transition myself and my boys into the new house. My momma and I did a good bit of furniture shopping this week. It's not that I have picky taste... it's just that I am intuitive and know what I like. So, very few pieces actually speak to me, much less set me on fire. HOWEVER, I'm tickled to say that I really think that I may have found my furniture*love. Out of all the places we've looked, I believe our heart can be found here and here and here. It's hard to wait on making our purchases--- but it is best to wait until we close on the house before we get in over our heads. See how adult we are? ;)

*This is just ONE of the many reasons I'm tickled to be back home. The culture is rich. AND, unless you've spent time living somewhere else, you really don't know what that really means... and how much it affects a girl like me. I just love it so.

I can even hear my accent coming back.

Marcus is loving his new job. In fact, I think he pinches himself each afternoon on his drive home. I love that for him. He has taken the lion's share of supporting the family... with his grit and God's grace, we seem to live and love from the bottoms of our feet to the very tips of our noses. Knowing that Marcus' time away from us is spent doing something that he loves, is quite good at, and is spent with other guys who seem to really embrace him really makes me happy.

Oh, and I can't forget to mention how much I'm in love with the new novel I'm reading, Ava's Man by Rick Bragg. He won the Pulitzer Prize for All Over But the Shoutin'... and that's certainly the next on my list--- however, I'm elbow deep in the water of his words. I've begun to 'read like a writer' and the craft that he employs in his writing is absolutely stunning. He's a storyteller... and I can't get enough of the story he's tellin'. This particular book resonates with me. So much of the people in this book remind me of my kin. My grandfather in particular. Reading this book allows me to adore him all over again... chapter by chapter. I love that.


We are driving in to Texas tomorrow on the Fourth. We've been so consumed with our own house move/buy/sell/graduate thing that holidays would come and go unnoticed if it weren't for our friends and family whose feet are firmly on the ground. Time is so funny... perspective is everything. We will be normal again! A little proclamation seems to be fitting.

Enjoy yall's Fourth of July--- and enjoy the weekend. Summer is beginning to wane. Can you believe it?
The 4th last year...

My camera has been quiet for a while... odd, I know. But I'll be inspired once again... hopefully sooner than later.

Peace, xo.
lmkw

No comments: