Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wednesday!? Yes, please.

Just a little mini-update... teaching is going great. I love being back in the classroom with the younguns. For those of you who don't know--- I'm teaching summer classes at my daddy's rock.tastic driving school. I love teaching this age group-> 14-21 and up. It really makes you feel like you are teaching the MOST important thing a kid could learn: the life and death decisions of how to be safe while driving on the roads. I get four days to get through to them, build their background knowledge of driving/safety, and help them along their way of becoming adults... safely. *love that*

Guess what!?!? We are scheduled to close on our house tomorrow at 4pm. Holy COW! We did a walk through on Monday afternoon... AND, I'm pleased to report, we still love the place. The family seemed super sweet and were packing up as we checked the joint out. Marcus plans on making the final and last walk through- with everything out of the house- tomorrow at 2pm. Then he'll pick me up from class to head over to closing. There are a zillion little things that could go wrong--- but all of that is out of our control. Say a Texas sized prayer for us that all goes well and we are able to close on the house. Please?

Ohs... cleared for graduation, order cap/gown/invites first thing in the AM! Whot whot! AND we've sealed the deal on the most inspiring dining room furniture known to man... I mean, known to me... or us. *so excited about that. Pics soon!!!

Movers will be in Kingwood first thing Saturday morning to pack us up!!! They say it could take two days- then they will be in Zachary to unpack us on Monday of next week!!! Can you believe it? I can't wait!

James is great--- learning to swim. Seriously. LEARNING TO SWIM. He's diving off the diving board, going under, 'swimming' to me and NaNa. No fear... well, some fear. Just enough fear to keep himself from getting himself in trouble in the water. He'll be swimming by the end of summer--- and will be totally swimming by next summer for sure. *love that. Momma is really good with kids period... but she's really special in the water with them. James is still being totally INDULGED here in Louisiana. My sister, Carlie, even bought him 5 crickets to keep in his trusty BugBox. He keeps them on his nightstand in his room at night to hear them sing. "Twickets"... his new favorite bug. I actually caught my mother giving my two year old an icecream cone after dinner tonight. "James here is your icecream cone... go sit down in the chair in the living room and I'll put Dora on for you." WHAAAAAA!!!??? Icecream cones for two year olds are better eaten outside, necked, with a hose handy. Not inside on new hardwood floors sandwiched between italian leather furniture and hand knotted wool rugs. "MOTHER!? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?" She basically said 'what? the child prince does no wrong.' I'm paraphrasing there--- but I'm pretty dead on with how indulged he is.

Anywho, we are loving being at home with momma and daddy this week in the interim process of getting into the house. We've been fed well, rested well... and James couldn't be happier.

Now, pray for smooth closing... I want keys in my hand tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay tuned. Send thosee well wishes now... Thanks in advance, yall.

Peace, xo.
lmkw

4 comments:

GreenErica said...

Oh, how totally exciting! I can't wait to see pics!!! I hate that I can't be there to see everything!!! And everyone!

miss you...

e

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I thought for sure we could somehow squeeze in a visit. :( I can't believe how fast things to be moving along!!!!
Good for LA, bad for TX...

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh sweets, I feel like I'm about to get my lotto winnings! Can't wait to step across the Whitty welcome mat. I love you! Yall are in our thoughts today. Oh and good news, David may be coming home in a few days. Good news all around!

Janee said...

I was literally about 20 feet from you today, wish I had known! I had to drop off my paperwork next door to the driving school at the school board office!! Praying things with the move go smoothly! Hugs!