Saturday, July 26, 2008

The NEED for Speed!

Cuddle up friends, I feel a lengthy blog coming on.

I've been missing my blog! I'm a writer... journaler... rambler... thinker... jotter. So much of 'me' has taken the back seat to Life these days. In fact, I've been in this transition for weeks and weeks and weeks... My camera hasn't seen the light of day, my brain hasn't even thought about masks and layers in weeks. Perhaps this could be the longest span of time that I haven't photographed James Neal in his life!

BUT all that is about to change. We've ditched the 'old' internet provider... only a day and a half to realize that we'd die if the service stayed that bad. Now, we are up and cruisin' in the fast lane again. Do you realize how much blog.reading I have to do in order to catch up with my favorite peeps? I feel that a Post.A.Day would be a fitting 'welcome back' gesture. Yes. AND to up the anny, I'll include a pic a day, too.

Today we had our very first dinner party. We had the fam over for the first time and I cooked all things Mexican. It was a nice reminder of Texas and the things I love there. I cooked tacos carnitas with fresh pico, con queso, black bean and corn salad, guac.... and that's it. All homemade, no less. Oh, and Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcakes!!! Delish. It was my first time to make that recipe. They came out fantastic! I'll add that one to my recipe book.

Life is good in the house. Still unpacking and settling. I'm making progress each day. We are toying with the idea of painting James' room to yeild to his new decor of vintage sports... I haven't developed that perfect plan yet. But I think I will devote some time on it soon. We are still waiting for his bed to arrive. I plan on ordering his bedding this week.

I believe I may get to see Sugarbutt, David and Zanester tomorrow. Perhaps. They want to make a trip over this way... I have some errands to run in town... but maybe a late lunch/early dinner could be arranged.

Now that life is beginning to settle back in to place, I promise to be better at all the things I love: blogging, pic posting, etc. I'll keep you in the loop.

For now, I sleep.
Peace, xo.
lmkw

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

Hell yeah you'll see us today. Got you on the "agenda"! See you soon sweets!