Tuesday, September 23, 2008

*Firsts*


Sorry for the delay in blogging...

I've experienced a lot of 'firsts' the past few days. I like that. Something new and exciting to mix things up.

On Saturday, I cheer my Fighting Tigers of LSU to victory over Auburn. Their FIRST victory over Auburn AT AUBURN in a decade... that was also our first time to watch our Tigers on Hotness' new tv*love in the new house.

Sunday, I headed over to a dear friends house to snap some maternity shots of her, the bebe*belly, and the bun maker- i.e. the hubby. Forever ago when she told me she was preggers, I practically BEGGED her to let me spend some time taking some pics... She was sweet enough to invite me over for a couple of hours to shoot until my heart was content. And I did... and my heart does feel content. I'm processing the shots now, and I think I got a few special ones. *Thanks Carla* I can't wait til bebe.Miracle gets here so I can get some girl*bebe shots!

It's important to say that I feel like I had a pregnancy.turn.for.the.better on Sunday--- I actually felt like it was my best day in weeks... I'm still struggling with nausea, but hey, a break in the green.waves is always a welcomed respite.

Monday, Hotness and I had our first chunky.whitty.numero.two ultrasound! Or should I say 'Single Viable IUP.' --- Single (not twins) Viable (that's a great word) Intrauterine Pregnancy. *I love Lingo.* We got to see our growing bean. We heard it's heart beat for the first time. 158 beats per minute... nice and strong. It's surreal to hear that 'whooshing' sound and see it's little chest flicker with each beat. I still can hardly believe I'm pregnant. To be honest, I've felt so bad- the only way I can describe it (as my mother says) I feel like I'm hung over all day, day after day after day... and that's a perfect explanation. The new and more accurate due date is May 9th... which makes me 7 weeks and three days--- I was a little upset about this. By my calculations I was 8 weeks along... but the bebe's size showed to be a touch smaller. It's not a big deal. But making it through each day feeling this GREEN is a stinkin' victory- so I felt that Darlene.the.ultrasound.master stole five hard earned days from me... Yes, I've been counting down the days to get out of this first trimester. So I felt like that was a set back. But... chunky.whitty.numero.two is healthy and growing- so that's what I want most of all.

Oh, and lets not forget that Monday was our first official day of Fall!!! Oh, fall, come let me kiss you on the mouth! It even seemed/felt/smelled like fall. As I was dropping Beaux Jack over at the grandparentals, the drive to and from was so beautiful... the trees were casting the most beautiful shadows, the sun was shining, and everything just felt good. Fall couldn't get here soon enough, but now that it's here, I plan to love every day of it. If I were a season, I would be Fall...

I guess that wraps up my 'firsts'...
Once I finish processing the maternity pics, and get permission from the proud-parents-to-be, I'll post a few of my favs... you know, to show off my mad skilz and cute friends. ;)

Enjoy your Tuesday!
Peace, xo.
lmkw

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

hey sweetness! Glad to see you are getting a bit of a break from the greens but I think you passed it on to me. No I'm NOT preggers...just low blood presure...dizzy...nausia...blah. I can't wait to see your first little photo shoot results. So who you gonna get to snap some prego pics of you when that belly is nice and ripe? I know you didn't really do the belly shots when you were pregnant the first go round by you are such a beautiful prego. I did a couple belly shots with the timer on my camera when I was preggers and I love them. Did I mention I miss you. I do. Really. And I have your bowl. So you know I need to get that to you. he he!