Saturday, September 13, 2008

Take a Hike IKE!

Ugh, just typing that title makes my tummy turn- then again, lots of things do these days... a recent revelation to this pregnancy. But here is the update on my darlings in Texas. My friends who evacuated are not yet home, I don't think... so no word there. But my Moonbeam and her boys are doing well. They think there may have been some minor roof damage with lost shingles and such- but no other apparent damage, thank goodness. They lost power around midnight as the storm was moving towards land... My in laws seem to be fine. They evacuated to downtown Houston inside one of the buildings there for the storm- and haven't been able to get to their home to check things out yet. But from the sounds of it, they sustained some fence damage and maybe that's it. The rest of my friends are without power and phone- and are having to boil their drinking water... this could go on for days, maybe even weeks. I'm sending prayers and cool thoughts their way. I know how hard the transition is after a storm like that. The pictures coming in from Houston and Galveston are devastating. So many of the people remained in the area that a widespread Search.and.Rescue operation is still in progress. Not sure is my Sis-In-Law's house flooded... I sure hope not. They are in Dubai on business, so until the in laws get down to check it out, we won't really know for sure. *fingers crossed*

****
In other news, it seems that what they say is true. Every pregnancy is different. With James Neal, I didn't experience any morning sickness or any real queasiness at all... however, the last handful of days have left me feeling green nearly all day. Food grosses me out... which is really tough bc when my tummy is empty, everything is worse. All I want is fruit, yogurt, hummus, and ice water... and an occasional mug of cereal. I hope this passes soon... but I still have 5 good weeks before the first trimester is up. *gulp* I think I'm officially showing. Which would make it three weeks sooner than I showed for Beaux Jack- and from what they say, that's about right. I am definitely in the grips of first trimester fatigue... I need a nap almost daily. But I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to take those naps when I need to...

****
With everything being so wacky lately, I almost forgot to post pics from Beaux Jack's first Tiger Football Game in Death Valley. The game had to be bumped up to early that Saturday morning in order to give us all time to evacuate safely for Gustav- or hunker down, depending on where we were. So it wasn't your 'typical' game day experience on campus- however, it was special to us, nonetheless. Here are a few of my fav pics so far... I'm still working on the last few.



This one is best enlarged...

My beautiful sister.in.law and her hubs (her first game, too)



last but not least...


I'll post more soon. Thanks for the continued well wished and support from friends and my new virtual blog friends... yall are so kind. What a gift!

***If you have any sure.fire way to keep the pregnancy queasies at bay, please (!!!PLEASE!!!) comment and let me know what worked for you. At this point, I'll try anything, and will most prolly name my kid after you if your trick works! ;)

Wishing yall a restful Sunday,
Peace and love,
xo
lmkw

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are A-OK in Dallas. The kiddies are snoring away on either side of my bed in our comfy AIR CONDITIONED hotel room. Honestly, I don't want to head back to Kingwood yet, but we are checking out tomorrow. :( I hate to say it but this has been the most fun evacuation ever! We got to spend LOTS of quality time with my BIL's family and I got to do some awesome shopping today.

Anyway, I've been texting with our neighbors and I hear our house is fine. I think our fridge may be done for since I didn't clean it out before we left, but oh well... I've been wanting a new one.

You may see me in BR if the 1-3 week estimate for power is true. :)

Anonymous said...

you know whats weird? my nausea didn't start until the beginning of the 2nd trimester. it only lasted for about 3 weeks and it was everyday after work at 5 p.m.....weird right? chicken was disgusting, i ate alot of pickles....lots of it.....i wasn't really fond of my favorite foods...my pregnancy has been different than other pregnancies from women i know......

good luck with the first tri....maybe its a girl since symptoms are opposite from the first child.

GreenErica said...

Hi Love! I'm stiing in Mom's air conditioned living room, thankful for your blog and pics of my sweet Whitty's. We can see Rice stadium from here and it must be a home base for SOMETHING. Blackhawk helicopters are flying RIGHT over us, Chris has taken lots of pics. It's pretty awesome, really.

When I was pregnant, I made ginger tea. All it was was slices of fresh ginger in hot water. Totally worked. And I know you love ginger.

Carmen! I'm so happy to hear you and your sweeties are ok.

xoxo,
e

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh sweets, I love your pics. SO glad to hear your moonbeam is ok. I saw some (not many) pics on tv and it looked aweful.

Hugs!