Sunday, September 14, 2008

Full Circle...


My house is a mess. The first time since we moved in, and it's a mess. How did it get that way? Wells... I taught class on Saturday and today I spent my day at my friend's bebe shower. All of that amounts to a 'boys weekend.' My boys are the studly.est men on the block- however, they sure do know how to relax. So my Monday is booked with chores.
*****

So back to today, my friend had her bebe shower. I had the greatest time. I haven't been around my high school friends in nearly 6ish years... I never had an overwhelming desire to keep up with people from high school. It wasn't so much them- I was just hungry for new experiences. For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be grown. So that played some part, I'm sure. But today, I saw a few of my closer high school friends and really enjoyed the reunion. We've grown up a lot... we are all married now with children or children on the way. And best of all, we all are HAPPY. I love that. Life is hard, and lots of things can happen- but my friends stuck to their guns, made big decisions, and have become beautiful women in the process. I hope to keep in touch and start developing those relationships again... I can't wait for the day when I find myself surrounded by like.minded.women/mothers again... sitting on the floor in a living room somewhere... talking about our day, our children, and our dreams. It rejuvenates me and keeps me centered. I miss my houston.lovelies... but soon, I create new friends here.
****

I cried tonight. I sick to my stomach all the time. I can't stand it.
I made Marcus go to the store and buy lots of fruit.
Because I'm a fruititarian, now.
He got home, I took one look at the slimy strawberries and sent him back to the store to return them.
$8 bucks of disgusting posing as sweet berries.
Do people actually return produce at the grocery store?
Well Hotness does.
As of today.
Hotness wants an LSU/Auburn party this weekend.
All I want to do is eat strawberries and vomit.
Should I be so bold to commit and start planning and inviting folks?
Or should I just resign myself to no friends, no meat, no parties, no happy.Hotness?
****

It's a new week, my friends!

Peace, xo.
lmkw

3 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh sugar...I'm so sorry for the yuckies. I wish I could do something for you. I can, however offer up my assistance with with a possible football party. Let me know what you need sweets! I'm there for ya!

Oh and I'll sit in your circle anyday.

Janee said...

Awww.. I hate that you're so sick. I never had that with Parker, so I really have no suggestions. Hopefully you'll get to feeling well soon!

We STILL need to try to get together. When you get to feeling better, let's try to schedule a play date. (for the kids, of course.)

Anonymous said...

hmmm... The little bit of queasiness I felt with Caitlin just lasted through the 1st trimester. I just stuck to unsalted crackers and Sprite. I know... not too fancy, but it seemed to do the trick for me. Just make sure to get as much rest as possible and take advantage of James' nap times to at least put your feet up!

By the way, we're BR now so if you need anything, let me know!