Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gustav +2

wells... Still no power. Things are bad... And I've had a low day. There is no gas to be found, and cars are lined out in the streets three miles long trying to get into the stations for gas... Only select few have generators to pump the little gas they have. Only a few stores are open for food and water. They still have limited power, so they only let a few people in at a time. The stores have not been replenished since before the storm... Which means much of the supplies we need now are unavailable. James only has a few diapers
Left... No stores are open to get more... Or else I have to wait outside in line for six hours or so to get a turn to shop. Black hawk helicopters are flying in the air and MREs are being distributed to the people. It's like nothing I've ever seen. If it takes a month to get power back on, I'm afraid for the people here. How will they go that long without food and water? How long can they go living in 90+ degree heat with humidity levels near 80+percent? What about the elderly... The sick? The LSU game this weekend has been postponed... Did I mention the flooding that started today? My parents are flooded out of their house- no water IN their house... Just the roads surrounding their house.

It's nuts...and I'm blue... No more from me tonight... I'm just too low. Maybe we'll drive out to Texas tomorrow and recoup there. We'll have to decide soon before we run out of the gas needed to get there.

I'll update with good news tomorrow... Yes. Good news tomorrow.

Peace, xo.
Lmkw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lindsey! I feel awful! I didn't realize things were getting so bad for you.

I'm not sure how much gas you have, but if you start heading out this way I am more than willing to meet you somewhere in between to hand off gas, diapers, food, and other supplies you may need for you and your family. We did this with my dad today and it seemed to really work out.

Also, I'm not sure how back to normal things are in Lafayette, but apparently ULL is reopening tomorrow. This makes me think they have supplies there. SO, if you don't take me up on my offer, maybe you can at least make it over there.

Please keep us all updated!!
XO

Janee said...

hey girl... Still praying for you guys. I am in shock by everything as well; you're right, I don't think I've ever seen things like this either. Hopefully we will begin to see something that resembles normalcy soon.

GreenErica said...

Come here. We'll take care of you guys. We love y'all.


e