Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's just a difference in opinion...

So today we were headed back on our nine hour journey to get.the.hell.outta Houston. Hurricane Ike has his eye set on my former *home.* I've begged, pleaded, and been just down.right ugly to my friends about evacuating. Houston hasn't had a storm like this in three decades--- and lets be honest, 'you people' don't know how to 'hurricane'... *unless you are an LA transplant like me, or Carmen, etc- NOT you Erica. See? I'm still frustrated that I'm back in my new house with crankin' AC and I have NO Kingwood evacuees to care for. *pfft*

*minor rant over... now back to the topic at hand*

So we were officially on the road for 11ish am, and didn't role in until 8ish pm tonight. On our journey James sang nearly the entire time... right around Port Allen, the little songbird fell quiet. I turned my head to see him sound asleep with his eyes half shut and his NuNu hanging half out of his mouth. MarcusHotness turned to witness first hand the miracle of silence- and reacted in a totally unsuspected way:

MarcusHotness: "That NUNU! I tell you what!!!..."

me: shocked at his tone

*at this time it's important to fill you in on Hotness' rage against the NuNu machine. James only uses his pacifier when he is going asleep or is riding for some time in the car. BUT Marcus is adamant about having him break the habit soon. I, on the other hand, could care less. I've yet to see a guy get married with a NuNu in his mouth... so I'm not for fretting about it. Heck. In the last two months, James has undergone some major transitions in his short little two.year.old.life. So take a chill.pill dude.


*This is when things turned for the worse*

Hotness: "I tell you what!" all angry and forceful... "James is going to help me dig a pit in the backyard this weekend." *emphasis on the word PIT

Me: turning my head slowly, looking at his profile a bit concerned, as he races 70 mph down the interstate... I would claim to have been perplexed.

Hotness: "Then, I'm gonna take James around to gather up all his NuNus." still in that elevated angry tone... "We're gonna throw them in that pit, then I'm gonna let him squirt lighter fluid all over those suckers. Then, I'm gonna make him throw a match in on them to watch them buuuuuuurrrn. And we're gonna stand there and watch every single one of those things burn to a crisp." ending his tirade with a cynical nod and grin, visibly victorious... almost like he had just planned McCain's surge to take over the world.

Me: still staring at his profile, silent, eyes widened with the 'shock and awe' of the planned NuNu attack... Quietly I replied, "Oh. I was just thinking about tying them on the end of balloons and letting him release them to the angels in Heaven."

That's when I think Hotness threw up a little in his mouth.

***************

What can I say? It's just a difference in opinion.

Take care my forest.friends... I love my dears.
Peace and Godspeed,
xo
lmkw

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I've spent the last 4 days stocking up, running errands, making lists, etc. all so that we could just hunker down at home. Weellll, now David is convinced that he doesn't want to chance anything so we're all packed, have a hotel reservation in Dallas, and are just waiting to see what the 4am update is so we can leave. Crazy!!!!
Hurricanes really irritate me!!!

Oh, and the whole nunu "discussion" is not surprising. MEN!!!

GreenErica said...

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaaaaaaaaahahaha! That was friggin hilarious! You know, I think James would enjoy a little nunu pow-wow. You could paint his and Marcus' face, stick some feathers in their hair, play some tribal music and videotape them(please) chanting and dancing all around the fire. Do it, Lindsey.

love you,
e

Michelle Sanders said...

So glad you are safe sweets! And I adore the nunu tirade! ADORE I tell ya. You really should scrapbook...this stuff is golden in a scrapbook! LOL!

Oh and perhaps we can join in on the ritual...Zane could stand to be broken from his night night nu nu too!

Grace said...

I am glad you are safe and your family I hope all your friends will be great also. I laughed NuNu's for Angels! that is great. Hugs Grace

Janee said...

How are your Houston friends?

I can just imagine this conversation happening. Fortunately, Parker "got rid of the paci" on her own... during the week of Gustav, she just refused to take it, and we haven't looked back!