Friday, September 5, 2008

Gustav +4

Hi friends,

Sorry there was no update for Gustav +3... i did have a better day. I was able to stand in line at the Central Walmart and grab some diapers for Beaux. Marcus reported back at work that day, and he stayed til noon. Some of his collegues suffered major damage to their homes... A reminder of how blessed we are to not be still suffering from the damage of trees and flooding. Besides the loss of phone, water, and power... we came through fine, thank God.

Day +4 brought us POWER! That's right, as we speak, I'm in a/c typing on my actual laptop! We got a call from my uncle, aka JohnnyHack, letting us know that he had a hunch that maybe we, too, had power. WE DID! WE DO!!! The first thing I did was start to clean... oh, it felt good. The house was clean before the storm, but I had an urge to scrub and wipe everything down. Maybe it was from all the wreckage I've seen in our city...

The stores are still half functioning... no meats... no dairy... 'cept Kleinpeter milk... We will be accompanying MarcusHotness on his business trip to Houston. It's better to be with him in a fully functional city, than here... by ourselves with limited gas and groceries. Plus, I can see Erica, the boys... and Granna. All things I need right now.

********Oh, I'm dying to talk about something OTHER than Gustav***********

I've rescheduled my preggers confirmation appt for next Monday... I wish i could have kept my appt- but that's behind us now. Now, lets hope that I keep going with this pregnancy growing a healthy bebe. This first trimester is so crucial... I know how important it is to keep this bebe through the next few weeks. I'm only 6 weeks along which is only half.way through the first trimester. At first I had thought I'd keep it quiet until week 12... but with Gustav putting things in perspective and having a history of MC, I figure each day is a gift of life--- so why hide it? I'm certain that God has been faithful in his promise to make me a mother... James is that promise fulfilled. So, one day at a time for me.

I'm feeling fine. No morning.queasies to report! Victory. Fatigue is settling in some... but this storm has given me plenty opportunity to nap. My body is changing and I can tell... They say you start to show earlier with your second pregnancy. I wonder when that week will be for me. I started to show in my tenth week last time... My waste line got tight and I switched to maternity pants. Hmmm... I wonder.

We are so excited about this new chubby.whitty. James is sooo ready to flex his big.brother.muscles! By late April- early May... he or she will be here. How *exciting*.

Okay, enough! Keep our state in your hearts... we still have a long way to go. There are still parts in Baton Rouge that could take 20 days longer for power... and that's not including the other devastated parishes.

***OH, and thank you all for your sweet words of encouragement this past week... I really want you to know how much you impacted my mood and my outlook on things. Thanks for taking the time to share your words with me... you could have done other things- and you didn't. You made my day and I'm grateful for that.***

Love and Peace to my peeps!
xo, lmkw.

3 comments:

Janee said...

Hooray for having power! : ) What ob/gyn did you decide to go with? Can't wait to see how adorable the new baby will be! : ) Praying for happy things for this pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the power....i was lovin the a.c. when the electricity finally kicked on.....

congrats on the little whitty......i've got some catching up to do...:o)...our first one is about a couple of months away.

Michelle Sanders said...

Hey shug! I hope you enjoy your trip. We are managing here in good 'ol south LA and will hopefully have lights soon! Loves ya!