Monday, September 1, 2008

oh.MY!

hi friends,
I'm envious of your ability to read this blog now... Baton rouge is having 100% power outage because of gustav. To ease your mind, we are all safe and sound- no trees on the house or other apparent damage. momma and daddy had several big trees fall- but none hit the house. I can hardly believe that. Marcus has been spending his time in the garage listening to the news in his truck... The sheriff is reporting that baton rouge sustained damage similar to that sustained during Betsy... Which means my hometown has been nearly ripped to shreds. Oh, before I forget, Sugarbutt had a tree fall, car damage, and her roof has been damaged- but they are all okay. Her parents had two trees fall on their home and their travel trailor was crushed but they, too, are okay.

We are still experiencing strong winds and some light rain but the worst of it is over. Now, a night without AC in our sweltering heat is ahead of us. A parish wide curfew is in effect... So I've been unable to get out and take a look around. Maybe tomorrow.

If anyone could comment and let me know what the news is reporting, I'd be so grateful. I'm worried about NO and the levees... As well as grand isle and the coastal parishes. Any news would be appreciated....I'm typing from Lola l, the iPhone now. Let me go and save my cell power... I hear my boys bickering now... Off to mediate!

Peace to you all,
So
Lmkw

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! I'm so glad to hear you and your family are all safe!

NO doesn't seem to have sustained much damage, but they are still waiting to see if the levees hold. They are not completely in the clear. I thought I heard that parts of Grand Isle got about 6 feet of water (don't quote me on that!), but again they have to wait and see what the damage really looks like when the water recedes.

Overall, I believe the BR area got the most damage. I know my parents have 2 trees down, lots of shingles missing, their chimney pretty much flew off the roof, and their back shed and fence are gone. That was my update at 6:30ish from them, but now their phone isn't working. :(

Anonymous said...

Hello dear. So great to hear from you first thing this morning. As Carmen said, NO came through OK. the worst is in BR which you are well aware of.
Thinking of you constantly. Give my boys a hug. Stay dry and know we love you!
Granna

Janee said...

glad y'all are okay. Commenting from the hubby's iPhone. We are okay but in the dark in Watson. Minor roof damage but no biggie. Mom and dad had a few trees fall but nothing on the house. Love and hugs