Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Doctors Office Visit... on Monday

This post is a *jacked* email I sent Sugarbutt after my doctors office visit on Monday. The email is perfect blog material, and since I'm still a worn.down.quease.bebe.factory I'm gonna double dip this bad boy.

Note: This was my first visit to this doctor here in LA... to confirm pregnancy and to get things going in that nine month direction. My first appt. was originally Sept. 2nd... but Gustav had other plans. So this is a bit late. But whatevs.

****
Today was a blunderbutt of a day.

I thought my appt was tomorrow at 8:45... but it was today at 8:15. I found that out when the office FINALLY rolled over their phones at 8:16.

"How quickly can you get here?"- sounds like an easy question.

"Hmmmm?" -as I calculated, totally necked, dirty face/teeth, hairy legs, feeling vomitous, haven't given anything to the pregnant belly to ward off more morning.queasies, sleeping two year old in bed, sh!t- the two year old... dr. office, stirrups, cervical pincher thingy, necked momma in gigantic paper towel dress, 30 minutes away from grandparental relief, don't know exactly where I am going/ never been to that office before...

"Umm, I can leave here in five minutes (I can't believe that THAT just came out of my mouth--- what am I thinking/NOT thinking?)

'Hotness' cell phone battery was dead... had to call his office phone, some dude answered... "Um, yes, may I please speak to Marcus Whitty?" *I freeeeekin hate doing that... the dude was caught as off guard as me. Poor us both. I'm sure he's like Mister.ExxonMobil.Will.Never.Give.Your.Hubby.A.Raise.Again.Cause.His.Wife.Called.And.Ruined.It.All.Doesnt.He.Have.A.Cell.Phone? Guy. *grrr*

Hotness came in the nick.of.time and in to the dr's office I went... barely dressed and probably dirty, in an outfit that I'd worn three days in a row... cause it was not tight on the tummy.

I can't believe that THIS was going to be my first impression!!!

They were nice. The wait in the waiting room gave me just enough time to compose myself and do some incognito meditation exercises. I thought my head would explode- so I was thankful for the few minutes to gather my composure. Momma relieved Hotness to go back to work, she grabbed Beaux Jack and headed back to Central. I liked my doctor... good reference Carla!!! AND, holy cow, the man is handsome. Like... he.made.me.blush.good.lookin. Like... giggle through the breast exam cute. And nice, too... Can't wait for Hotness to meet him on the next visit- and hope he gets a good vibe, too.

I got my blood work done... and I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Monday at noon.... THERE. It's in writing! So I won't forget again... We will be able to check the bebe's development thus far, get an accurate due date... we are thinking around May 4th. AND confirm that it is NOT twins.

*House is still a wreck.
**Still undecided about LSU party this weekend.
***Hotness has yet to come home to a wife that is dressed, in makeup, clean house... and it's Thursday, people... I'm not feeling good about pulling it off today either.

Happy Almost Friday folks!
Peace, xo.
lmkw

2 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

You make me smile. Sending non queezy thoughts your way.

Grace said...

you are so hard on yourself you always look beautiful. Get a maid to come clean up and someone to watch cuteness baby and shower and relax a little all you time. OK? Then decide on the LSU party and you don't have to make everything yourself go buy stuff and have everyone bring stuff enjoy being prego! Hugs Grace