Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fulfilled

My computer malfunctioned today... Something about the mother board and the memory. It may take three business days to have the technician remedy the problem- but I'm grateful for that dell warranty! Crisis averted ! So here I sit typing clumsily on Lola, the iPhone.

Although more laborious, I can't help but post. This week has been so beautiful for me... We leave for graduation tomorrow. I can't believe I've made it this far. There were so many night that I cried myself to sleep wanting nothing more than to be done with it all. I surpassed my resonable credits to graduate years ago. But with the program as inflated as it was- here I am graduating with more credits than a masters degree requires. But I stuck it out. James and marcus my biggest supporters. This weekend will be monumental for me... For us.

Now I sit, in a beautiful new home. I spend the day with favorite human being in the world... We talk, sing, tidy our home, and learn together. In the evenings we walk around the lakes and admired the most incredible skyline sunsets... How did we get here? I'm overwhelmed.

We met a beautiful family out this evening on our stroll... A pediatrician and her husband and their two daughters, Lillian and eve. We talked of spending time together. I hope we do.

After graduation we will spend the night with my Erica, Chris,and Tater... And hopefully Megs, Granna, and the crew. I hope to see my PINKS too.....

There is so much to look forward to.... So much to be grateful for... So much to be proud of. I'm happy to be here today in this space.


As we walked around the lake tonight as the sun was setting, I told James to look up into the sky and tell me what he saw. He said "I see a song.".
"really?" I asked.
"hm hmm." he noted.
"what song do you see in the sky, love?"
Then as if on cue he raised his little chubby, shirtless arm to the pink and blue streaked sky and started singing "our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above, with wisdom, power, and love our God is an awesome God.--- sing with me Momma, sing!"
I did. Sing. With his hand swingin mine by my side, we walked and sang.

My life.. My two year old... My husband and encourager... My friends... I've been given so much. I feel God working on my life... I'm not sure where He is leading me, but I know my future will be living in grace, faithfully doing what He intends for me. Will it be with children? Will it be in adoption? Will it be with women? In Africa? In the suburbs? A church or the streets? Or will it be in my own home with my children? I'm not sure where He is leading me. But he brought me here, now, giving me more than a full measure... I suppose I will wait in Him and rest in His guidance. My worries are none.

I hope to get pics up from the festivities as soon as my computer is up and running again.

Thanks for all the comments and emails from my previous post. I appreciate the room and encouragment to talk it through... It's hard for me
to sit by when I feel that I am being missrepresented. Thank you for voicing in... I really loved it.

Okay off to rest for the Great Graduation Journey 2008!!!

*take to look up towards the clouds this weekend... I hope they make your heart sing too.

Peace, xo.
Lmkw

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh wow. That song your lil boy sang was stuck in my head all last weekend. I love that he connects that beauty with that song. He's going to be an amazing big person! :)

Janee said...

What wisdom in a child's words! I can't wait to meet him!!

Anonymous said...

I love that boy...

& I love you!

-E

Michelle Sanders said...

That is so wierd! I too was looking up at that beautiful sunset over Baton Rouge last night thinking of the amazing blessing in my life. I actually photographed it (with my new non-Rebel camera). I haven't posted it yet on my blog but it's on my flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/76193129@N00/2743231588/

That's so amazing that James is making the connection between earth's beauties and faith. You really need to give us some pointers on how we can get Zane more into that!

Hugs on your big day. We'll be there in spirit. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the long-awaited GRADUATION DAY!!! Enjoy it to the fullest, we'll be thinking of you.

Hug your boys for me - I miss y'all already!