Monday, August 25, 2008

A Moving Monday Night... and weekend pics!

Goodness!

My plan was to listen to Michelle Obama's speech tonight then post my pics from our weekend... but I'm so on fire, all I want to talk about is the change that is coming for our country, our parent's security and health care, our children's future and success in school, where college is not a privilege but a right guaranteed to all Americans...

I asked MarcusHotness as we snuggled to watch it how people could actually have such deep seated opposition to Barack or his family? How is that possible? When I see him and his family, I am reminded of my own family. He sounds like my dad. His spirit, his intellect, his passion for his wife, children, and the collective future of his family. His dream of change, and the steps that it takes to get there... all themes that I was soaked in while growing up. Michelle's speech tonight gripped me from the first word--- I've never heard another woman speak with such enthusiasm and passion while being totally transparent to who she is and what she wants for herself, her husband, her children, and this country. She reminds me of my mother... her grace, her poise, her ability to make you understand her heart through the words that she strings together.

I will post a link to her speech when the video becomes available... I'm telling you. Watch it, and tell me what you think.

Am I crazy or is this the first campaign where the candidates actually look and sound like us- the average American citizen? There is momentum in Barack Obama... momentum to bind us together by illuminating what is similar between us all, while respecting and valuing what makes us different--- even when we don't agree. I believe in this man. I believe their desire to act out of hope is more positive and powerful than others ability to act out of fear. I hope, i hope, I HOPE James will have the benefit of seeing this man become President of the United Stated of America... can you imagine how big he could dream if this moment becomes a part of his history?

*If you are still undecided about the Presidential election- take the time to look at both candidates... the facts are at your fingertips! Google search their issues... or just stay tuned to the upcoming debates. Your vote is the most important duty we have to the security of our nation. If our countrymen can fight and die to insure our freedom, then we must exercise our right to vote! Especially us ladies!!! Too many woman paved the way for us to have this right... We must raise our voice!

Yes, Sugarbutt, you can comment how this is deep stuff... and you are totally right! :o) But I'm so flippin dedicated to knowing who I am, and who I want to be in this world I live in... and with that being my driving motive, often times I end up defining myself through some pretty deep stuff... and I like that. It's me. And that's okay if it makes me different. And I LOVE IT when my friends ask me about this stuff... it shows that they are interested in me- even if my interest don't interest them. *communication* Turns you on, doesn't it?

So, here are my weekend pics...
I spent Sat. with my Sugarbutt and her tiny family (as in comparison to my gigantoid family). We met for a Lebanese lunch, then let the boys play at home while we scooted over to a Junque/Antiques shop... I scored a few ugly things that I couldn't live without!!!! Then we headed home for more outside time eating crabs until we could bust... I can eat my weight in crabs... but she so smoked me. I feel weak. Sunday was a beautifully dreary day with remnants of TS Fay drenching our little house. We slept, lounged, and unpacked the rest of the boxes! So, my weekend was beautiful. ***I'm gearing up to the most fantastical weekend ever****My Moonbeam and her boys are coming to stay with me for days and days and days! I'll share more on that soon.

Now for the pictorial evidence:
The 'guts' of the fruit crumble that bubbled along in the oven...

The Big boys at the lake playing with their new remote control boat from PawPaw!

Look at her geaux!!! Thanks PawPaw, this R*O*C*K*S!!!

It's crazy how well James can 'drive' the boat!!! A little bit tech.ie?

Sugarbutt and her bebe boy... I see a two year old!!!

On our way Junque.n without our boys!


A sunshine.shower! These are always sooo bazaar!


Refreshing Lemon Drops to perk us up and cool us off... *Get ready Moonbeam, you'll have as many as you like!



Moonbeam by mail... *love*

Time to dig in....

You eye.ballin me!?

And that's a wrap!



***Off to clean up for our
*Dugan.Whitty.Tiger. Birthday.Love.Lousiana.Spectacular.Spectacular*

Peace, xo.
lmkw

3 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Deep indeed but needed insight. You are my political compass. I need this dialog. Keep it coming. You know I need an interpreter for my politics. Thanks for a wonderful and absolutely delightful Saturday. I hope you and E have an equally wonderful visit! And yes, pictures please. You know I have to see them in all their post processed glory!

GreenErica said...

Oh Lindsey, I love how passionate you are. Chris and I watched it too. She's a really beautiful woman, inside and out.

Can't wait till Friday!!

E

GreenErica said...

Oh, and now the whole world knows our addresses....

love you!