Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Not Now Gustav....



So now that we are back home in Baton Rouge, it's time to gear up for our first hurricane... it's a way of life here. But this Gustav couldn't have picked a worse time to come. My Moonbeam and her two boys are/were heading our way for a *LaborDay.TigerFootball.BirthdayExtravaganza.WhittyDugan.Spectacular.*

Although I love being home, here in our new house, I underestimated how much I'd miss my Erica, Tater, and Chris. My Dugan.Reserve is sooo low now, that I'm not sure if I can bear to postpone our trip by a couple weekends or not. All I want is to snuggle on the couch, with my head on her shoulder, under Down and watch our boys do magical things together as they play three feet from us. I miss Tate milling around me only to stop and say, 'Linsey?' Yes, bebe? 'I love you.' *sigh* Makes me swoon. And James loves Erica so much... he's got sugar built up from the past two weeks of not seeing her. Oh, and Chris... he makes me laugh. He gets me, and I love him for that. Plus he's the most incredible daddy... so that pretty much makes me adore the ground the walks on. And Marcus misses his friend, too.

SO... GUSTAV!? Back off! They suspect it to enter the Gulf a bit earlier than expected... there is talk in Baton Rouge of starting Contraflow as early as Saturday... The storm is expected to make landfall near Grand Isle Monday morning... and could be a category three hurricane. *Yuck* My plans won't be the only ones dampened. Dadgummit.

All of this to vent... and we should start gearing up for a hurricane.

*As with all these dreaded storms, keep those in it's path un your prayers... Haiti, Cuba, and then the Gulf Coast*

Peace, Gustav, PEACE!!!
xo
lmkw

3 comments:

Jill said...

You are too cute.

I'm doing all my wishing and praying Gustav changes pace too. I've got a new house to play in! :)

Michelle Sanders said...

I know sugar. I know. Beach trip cancelled. poo.

Janee said...

I'm a little nervous/anxious about this one. This will (if it hits) be the first hurricane since I've been a big girl with my own house. When Katrina hit, Trent and I were still each living with parents... saving money for engagement/wedding/house. I am frantically trying to figure out if I have enough "stuff" to ride out a potential hurricane with little missy prissy! : ) I hope your plans/visitors aren't ruined.