Friday, August 29, 2008

Things that get me ALL Fired Up!

Whew! What a day!!!

Gustav has officially has gotten the best of me, and it's still days away. Today was nuts... First, let me remind you that we hosted MarcusHotness' parents last night. They are 'easy' guest, but those of you who know me well- you understand that I want thing to be 'just right'... so I over.do just about everything. However, I did NO cooking- we ate dinner out last night at Sammy's... and had Prejean's gumbo for lunch. So, that helped with the pressure a good bit.

Guess where I was last night??? That's right! I was hand in hand with the Hotness on the couch, watching one of the most historic moments of my lifetime... Barack accepted the Democratic nomination for President. His speech was poignant, beautiful, and tough. I've found my Roosevelt... I've found my Kennedy... I've found my Huey/Earl Long. This is real... change is coming. Progress.


His campaign has been TOTALLY FUNDED BY THE PEOPLE... no lobbyist.... NO SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS... every penny has come from people who believe that he has a plan to help our parents, help our children, and heal our nation. He's running for US, no one else. *If you want to see how much it cost to run for president, go here.

*Anywho*

The in laws brought James to see Mike the Tiger this morning, so we could get our rat.killin done around town. I was able to score a cute little ditty for the BIG GAME tomorrow... grab some kicks for me and the boy... and other GAME DAY essentials.

People were out in force both preparing for the game and Gustav. They moved the game up to 10am!!! What about the tailgating????? *sob* I suppose that just means we can get out of the stadium and start the hurricane parties early. Mandatory evacuation of New Orleans may begin tomorrow at 5pm... That means CONTRAFLOW. So glad I'm not making the trek back to Kingwood!!!

Finally, we were able to get to the store and get our food and things for the hurricane. I'm going to bake/cook up some yummies tomorrow night for my boys, then we will lay low and ride the storm out.

***I can't wait for James' first official game in Tiger Stadium!!! I'll take lots of pics. He's so excited.

I'll try to update before the storm hits.

*pray for the people of this Great.State and those who will face Gustav*

Peace, xo.
lmkw

1 comment:

Michelle Sanders said...

Hey sweets! The game was great, as was your company. Thanks for the clip of the speach...I missed it with my last minute running around BR last night. SO glad your guest came and went and all was faily uneventful. That's a very good thing you know.