Friday, August 1, 2008

Time to rest, celebrate, and re-start!


Today is Friday. Thank you very much. I finished up at the Driving School. I loved that last class. I don't know what it was about that class... they were an exceptionally great crew of kids. I love kids... teenagers. They are going through so much... sorting out so much... trying to find themselves in the midst of so much. I want them to be strong. I want them to see all the possibility ahead of them. I want them to not be scared of all the hard work Life takes. I want them to be kind to each other... and take the time to tell their parents that they will be smart and safe and happy. It's hard to let them go. The hard fact is that some of them won't be safe... some of them may not make it past this critical time in their life. This is where Faith kicks in for teachers. God has a Plan... and a perfect one at that. So no matter how good my intentions are for them- God wants more for them, loves them more than me, and has everything under control. I've got to rest in that fact!

*I've been getting Facebook and Myspace request from some of my students. They found me! Yikes. I mean... I don't have anything on either that reflects badly on me professionally or personally... no 'wild' pics... or anything risky like that. I don't really know what I should do. In a way, I'd like to continue my avenue of positive influence. To be honest, I don't use either account much at all...

I'm done teaching for a while. I can get back on track with unpacking my family and getting our home set up. James' bedding has been ordered... his bed should be in mid-August... I still need inspiration for how to paint his room. The rest of the boxes are not very crucial. In fact, those are the ones you could prolly chunk, and never miss the contents inside one bit. But... they will get unpacked soon. Today is our rest day/celebrate day...

Today is Marcus' birthday! He is 29!!! We've had trouble getting a bebe sitter tonight... but we will do something special even if our *date* plans change. I'd love to find a couple teenage girls here in Zachary who would be willing to bebe sit occasionally. We've never done that before... but James is nearly three... and surely it would be okay. Right?

Okay- here are a few more pics from the other day.




The Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcake!


A gift from Carlie! She bought this darling for 25 cents! AND I LOVE HIM!!! He's not in the best shape, but he's so bright and adorable that I just can't help but love him. I think I'll name him Bertrand.


Just a sneak peak at the dining room in the new house... I love my new furniture. The table is reclaimed teak from an old ship's deck. It's rough, rustic, and gorgeous! I love it! The chairs are woven water hyacinth...



I'm looking for inspiration to jump start me back into my house projects... So much to do! I'll put up more pics of the house soon. Yall have been so patient, but I feel like the troops are getting restless. ;)

Enjoy your weekend!
Peace, xo.
lmkw

2 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Oh lmkw! Your house pics are perfect. The light is just beautiful in your dining room! And those cupcakes were so delish. I snooped on Food Network and found them so I may give them a whirl...minus the peanut butter cup. You know that freaked me out. *wink*
Oh and thrifting...you are SO on! Lets go!

Anonymous said...

I want to eat in THAT room! I love it - so you! The furniture is gorgeous, jus like you. Hugs.