Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Graduate, with Honors... THAT'S ME!


Swanky, huh? Lola took this one... and I'm wincing from the sun. I haven't started editing my graduation pics yet- this one is just a quick peak. The Dugan's took some great shots, and I'm expecting my disk in the mail any day! So, I may wait to post until then... we'll see. Anywho, the day really was incredible. Yup, I graduated with honors--- not like it really matters in the long run, but it means something to me.

BIG ISSUE AT HAND: My computer home page is SHSU website... now that I'm done with school, what in the world should my new homepage be??? Give me some ideas please.

My white knight computer guy ended up coming a day and a half late. Word has it that is horse was hit from behind on I10 on his way to Zachary. Poor guy. Put me late editing, updating, and bloggin. Things could be worse. He was a nice guy, and laughed a lot. Plus, he fixed my computer... so that's good.

Ummm... Hotness brought me Lebanese tonight as a peace offering. The guy has been late from work the past two days... golf league yesterday... fantasy football draft today. He's making friends and it's... oh so cute. But I am beginning to feel a bit like Cinderella. BUT I'm stoked that we can eat really good greek/leb food right here in town, 10 min down the road! Totally going to come in handy if I have the same cravings with this next pregnancy... No. I'm not preggers.... but Marcus was ready months ago, and I think I'm finally ready too. So. You know how that goes. We'll see. I suppose the guy would have to BE HOME for us to actually have a chance of expanding our fam. *ahem* Yes, he DOES read this- or at least he says he does.

James calls me 'sweet momma' now. Yeah, adds an extra level to his ridiculous cuteness factor. I know it's probably not nice to brag about your kid as much as I do... but I can't help it. The 'new' hasn't worn off yet! Maybe it's because he has just enough of his Daddy in him to make me all swooney. But tonight since Dead.Beat was out with his buds, I decided to make it easy and let Beaux bathe with me in the 'big tub.' While we were bathing, I was kissing him and smelling the top of his head- that's where all the perfection rises during the day... smells like sunshine and fresh clipped grass... and kissing him behind his ears- that's where the Sugar collects during the day. He turned around, grabbed my cheeks, gave me Sweet.Eyes and said, "Sweeeet Momma, cher.driving.me.cwazy." What did I say? "I know, lamb. You're my weakness."

*I took these last Wednesday afternoon- a spectacular storm blew in and James and I sat outside to watch the show. The first image you can see a tiny spot of a rainbow.





I'll be compiling more grad. pics... and I'll post them ASAP. But for now, here are pics of that Song Inspiring sunset I spoke about last week.





Sunset over the lake... *sigh*


*I sooo should have run back to the house for my tripod. These shots would have eaten up some Long.Shutter.Love. Next time! For sure.

Weekend Docket? Air show with Sugarbutt, Dah'vide, and the God.son... lunch afterward at our casa/maison *depending on which side of the Sabine you are reading this*... boys in the pool outside, girls inside catching up. Suppose to go on a double date with Carrie and Loverboy to the Bistro.... NOT CONFIRMED. Oh, and maybe I can meet some new friends- Marcus' bud at work live out here in the Z.town with his fam. Totally need to meet new girls that have kids. Helps me out, you know? I've got to start creating my network of supportive women who have families over here in BR. It's my secret weapon when the days get long and I just want to grab my purse, walk out the door,and go to Mexico. I usually send a call out first, let them know that I'm leaving a box of opened cereal for James in his room... a couple sippies with water... and am going fah.fah away. Generally, they wisk in to save the day before I back out of the driveway. THAT BEING SAID: need to work on my mommy.posse over here. I sooo miss my PINKS back home in Texas and their BLUES too.

So, what's on tap for you? Fun plans for the weekend???

Have a beautiful Friday and lovely weekend.
Peace, xo.
lmkw

2 comments:

Michelle Sanders said...

Hey sweet mamma! Sorry...I couldn't resist. It is a natural segway from sugarbutt you know. Anywho, you perty much know my plans. Air show, lunch, chat, dinner with Jilly Bean and J and possibly Kate and her +1. Sunday...perhaps a picnic in the park....go to scout out the "venue" for Zane's birthday extravaganza ya know. Oh and that lola sure does take some good pics! *swak*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Graduate! I know this was a very special day and you should feel very proud.